026

Se'aeylwa 

Se'aeylwa 

I separate myself from him completely as I realise what I had just done.

"I'm so sorry, oh Eywa I shouldn't've done that-" I mumble, I wave my arms in the air in embarrassment. But before I can finish my actions, or speaking, his hand cups the back of my head as he connects our lips once more. The kiss was sloppy but passionate as he continued his pursuit. His other hand rested against one of my cheeks as he pulled me into him, trying to get as much of our bodies touching as possible. 

After a matter of minutes we both separated in a hurry, trying to get our breath back as we both pant profusely. My cheeks where permanently painted with the colour red as I tried to cool them down to their natural turquoise.  

I hold a few fingers to my lips in a dream like state, remembering how they felt when Lo'ak's where connected with them. I didn't know what to say, and I don't think he knew what to say either. 

I could feel his breath slowing down as a hesitant hand curved to the shape of my jaw. My eyes drifted between Lo'ak and the now interesting looking sand as I felt a light pinch over my cheek. I inhaled a sharp breath of air at the action as I threw an arm over the back of his neck to keep him at my height. I couldn't believe I was doing this, but I shyly reached forward and clamped down my teeth on his cheek, returning the gesture. The flesh barely moved, but there was a small indent that made it slightly visible for those who where searching for it.

"I know what it means now..." He mumbled into my ears, the thought only made me flush a deeper shade of red. A small part of me was waiting for Aonung and Rotxo to pop out of the water and laugh at me for actually thinking a boy was interested in me, but it never came. 

It was only Lo'ak, myself, and the uncomfortable silence of us not knowing what to say next. One of his hands immediately resorted to rubbing soothing circles on my waist as we both bathed in the silence. It was soon broken as Lo'ak began to speak. 

"We should go home" He clears his throat, I hum a short agreement as he quickly put's out the fire. I decide I can't take anymore of the quietness, especially from Lo'ak as he begins to push me to the marui. The sand makes it exceedingly difficult for the wheels, but he persists anyway. 

"Umm, thank you for the small bonfire...It was really sweet of you" I compliment him.

"Really?" He asks, almost in disbelief that I liked it. 

"It was perfect" I reassure him, I crane my neck ever so slightly to gauge his reaction as a small lovestruck smile makes it's way onto his face full of blushing madness, much like my own. I have to supress a giggle as I see his thin tail swinging behind him wildly as I see him try to contain it like it has a mind of its own.

The material changes from the resistant sand to the smooth fabric that connected all marui's, sand rubbed off onto the fabric as Lo'ak paid no mind to the unique texture he was forced to step in. Eclipse had just reached it's peak, children could no longer be heard running about, and instead where replaced with soft snores. 

I rose my arms and yawned loudly, surely alerting the boy I was sleep deprived. His pace soon quickened as we rolled into the hut. The first thing I noticed was Tuk and Neteyam cuddled up with one another, I breathe out in relief as I notice he's sleeping without waking up in a fright. 

I slide down from my chair, making a soft thud as I meet the floor. Lo'ak places the wheelchair in the far corner as he joins me like he has since the incident. Only this time it's different. He wasn't just holding my hand and keeping his distance, he was wrapping our bodies, intertwining them together, in what I could admit was a comfortable position. I settled my head that was tucked into his chest as one of his hands sprawled out across my waist, his tail curling underneath it. The other played with the bottoms of my long hair and traced the endless scar tissue of my body. 

"We should do that more often" He whispers. I'm slight confused at his words.

"Do what?" I ask. 

"Hang out, just the two of us" He murmurs. 

"Yeah, we should" I barely respond as the day comes crashing down on the both of us. I can barely move anything in my body as waves of tiredness rush over me, I feel a small and quick amount of pressure on the crown of my head, but I don't pay enough attention to know what it is as I fall asleep, letting the darkness consume me.

The next morning...

As soon as I had woken up I was thrown around and tested like a sick infant. The Tsahìk had woken me up, bright and early after a certain boy had informed her of some of my nerves reacting to music. 

I had been through numerous exercises as well as laying on my front for hours at a time as she performed healing rituals on my now healed bullet wound.  Lo'ak leaned on the corner of the entrance post with a hard set frown as he noticed barely any progress. I felt guilty I was taking up peoples time as Neytiri sat patiently next to the Tsahìk and paid extra attention of her exercise demonstrations. 

"Time to do the walking exercise again" The Tsahìk ordered, I groaned as I sat my self up. She had found two wooden bars that where used for elderly physical therapy and placed them in the Sully's marui for me. I clambered in the middle of both of them as my arms held me upwards. 

I slowly dropped my legs to the ground as I attempted to walk, I had regained feeling in my feet and ankles, but that was barely enough to keep me upright with collapsing knees every few seconds. 

My body landed harshly on the floor once again as she sighed in disappointment, I slammed my palm to the floor in frustration as my hair flew about wildly.

"We'll continue this tomorrow" She informs with a slight nod towards Neytiri and Jake. She promptly leaves to presumably attend to more important matters as I drag myself to the wheelchair I now hated with a passion.

I seated myself and rolled out of the hut, not wanting to see the displeased and disappointed faces of the others. 

"Hey!" A familiar voice yells, I turn slightly to see Lo'ak jogging to catch up with me. 

"I have an Idea."