027

Se'aeylwa 

Se'aeylwa 

I look at him questioningly, waiting for his answer as he ran behind me and pushed the wheelchair. 

"I know it won't happen overnight, but I might have an idea how to speed up the process" He huffs as he runs along the shore with me in tow. The small sand dunes that pile up beneath me don't help at all as he continuously runs over them.

"Lo'ak" I warn. He slows to a jog, and then to a halt as he looks down at me with furrowed brows.

"Are you going to tell me what this idea is or are you going to keep it a secret forever?" I playfully ask, crossing my arms over my chest as he rolls his eyes in a teasing manner. Our little tiff is interrupted as a shadow looms over the both of us. 

We turn our head in the direction to see my fuming mother, gazing at me up and down like an angered akula. 

"Keep walking Lo'ak" I murmur to him as he nods along, picking up the pace once more. I notice a man standing beside her, holding a child no older than two years old, it was the son she had always wanted. I scoffed at her, I knew her mate hadn't done anything wrong, in fact, I doubt he even knew she had another daughter. 

"What is this?" She seethes, looking at the contraption I'm sitting in. She's about to approach further but Lo'ak steps in her way, allowing her to run into his chest and quickly recoil. My mother wasn't a tall woman, and unlike the Metkayina, the Omatikaya grew taller than us. Lo'ak towered over her as she began to hiss at him, obviously expecting the respect of the younger boy to not hiss back. 

But she was deathly wrong as I flinched backwards at the sound of his chest rumbling and his hiss. I hadn't heard it like that before, and it was honestly a little terrifying to see his canines extended with a look only meant to protect.

My mother cowered at the boy as her mate looked confused on why she was challenging him in the first place. He gently pulled her away from us, muttering an apology as the boy in front of me calmed down. He still seemed slightly enraged, only calming completely when I reached forward to connect my hands in his, his thumb traced the curve of my fingers as he muttered a few words and began to deeply breathe.

"I'm okay now" He muttered, reverting back to his usual spot as I pulled him in front of me once more and looked at him questioningly.

"Are you sure?" I ask. I saw something change in the depth's of his eyes as he nodded his head.

"I'm sure" He whispered, looking at me adoringly one last time before he began to push me once more. 

"I'm sorry you had to deal with her" I say, fiddling my hands in my lap. 

"It's okay, every time she shows up I'll be there" he assures, reaching down and cupping my jaw with his large hands. He moves my head to one side as he hastily leans down and places a soft bite to my cheek, before he can move I swiftly return the gesture as we both again blush all types of crimson.