Girls Night

"Karen come on, I'll host the girls night, my best friend will come along and the three of us can just relax finally." Sage pleaded, laying on the desk to prevent her friend from working. Karen laughed lightly, leaning back in the shitty office chair while pushing her blonde hair back away from her face. Sage was right, she did need to relax in some way.

"No boys?" she joked, looking towards Foggy and Matt as the two of them sat in the next room, both too engulfed in their readings. Nodding, Sage sat up as she glanced towards their friends.

"No boys. Just a couple of girls having a fun night to decompress." she promised, holding her pinky finger out for her. Smiling shyly, Karen hooked her pinky with Sage's. Jumping off the desk, Sage sauntered towards Foggy and Matt and leaned against the doorframe with her good arm.

"You two okay if we leave early? Karen needs a damn break," she laughed. She watched as Matt picked his head up slightly, turning towards her voice with a smirk on his lips.  Fiddling with the hem of her shirt, Sage felt her face and neck heat up before Foggy's voice brought her back to reality.

"Yeah, you girls go. Matt and I will close up." He said slowly, not once looking up at the two girls. Sage watched as Matt pushed his chair away from the table, throwing his headphones down, not caring that they fall onto the floor.

Sage stood frozen as Matt made his wy to her, dragging his hands along the walls and table. Stopping in front of her, He cupped her cheek and leaned down to be even with her. Closing her eyes, her heart raced as his thumb caressed the high point of  her cheek.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do, sugar," he breathed into her ear before standing back up to his full height and making way back to his chair. Pushing out a shaky breath, Sage looked to Karen who only had a knowing smile on her face before she dragged Sage away.

"You are whipped for that boy," she teased, slipping her arm into the crook of Sage's a the two made their way down the building stairs. The old creaky stairs making her worry at just how many days left the building had.

"And what makes you say that, Karen?" She laughed, watching her step as the stairs began to dip due to being so worn over time. As their heels landed against the cement flooring of the lobby, Karen shot Sage a knowing look, as if she didn't just witness Matt wanting to kiss her.

"You are absolutely delusional you know that." Pushing open the swinging doors, the bright sun warmed her skin as the sidewalk was bustling with people. "You clearly can't see just how bad he wants you. No man does shit like that just for fun. Jesus, and he's the blind one!"

"It's all in good fun Karen. Nothing serious," Sage dismissed, leading her friend towards the liquor store. Walking into the small store, the pair were instantly greeted by a woman with longer black hair. Her rosy pink lips spreading into a wide smile, the lipstick contrasting harsly agasint her hair.

"Sage! Karen! I'm off in five, are we ready for the best girls night ever in the history of girls nights?!"

~~~~

"No no you should have seen the way he looked when he tried that man's cig for the first time. Poor Foggy was trying to be all tough and ended up coughing up a lung," Sage recalled, her words getting louder as laughter filled the apartment.

A bottle of wine in each girls hands, their third for the night as each of them shared stories, both about their childhoods and about recent events.  Not a care in the world was shared between the three girls as each of them reached the a slice of pizza, the gooey cheese stretching far enough to make Sage lean back to try and break it.

"What did Matt say about all of this?" Karen giggled, taking another long drink of her Moscato.

"Matt called him a pussy and tried for himself only to in turn-"