Book 1- Chapter 8 (Royal Family, Ruve)

At the Royal Imperial Palace

Emperor Ruve had slept poorly that night after the meeting with his council and dinner

Emperor Ruve had slept poorly that night after the meeting with his council and dinner. He had a nightmare, it was during his deep depressing drinking, it was about Artistia. In the dream, She had come to him before she died in his arms, with him holding their daughter. Or, what their daughter would have looked like if she and he had one. The girl had his eyes while inserting her beautiful mother's hair. If anything, she was a splitting image, if not the eyes, of her mother.

Currently, Ruve had dressed for a meeting between him and the Priest. Ruve was currently annoyed, the priest was yet again late. Every time that man has something "important " to tell Ruve, he is always late!! Ruve tries to not imagine strangling his annoying "uncle" (as the Priest self proclaims him, after Ruve birth. Making both Ruve's Father and Mother ready to hit him in the head, or so he was told.) it was a miracle that the man has been a force to retired.

Then there was a big bang, and the doors to the guest area opened, "Hello there!" yelled a cheerful white-haired man in a priest outfit, smiling like an idea.

"Hello, Ruvie! I hope I'm not late! Haha!" said the Priest, making Ruve ready through his teacup at him and pop a vain. "I nice to see you too, your Holiness." He said with a formality that had been drilled into him since childhood. "That's Good to hear! Now today I have some news to report." The priest said with a honey sweet time, before taking a seat and a maid handing the Priest a cup.

"Yes, the messenger informed me it was important." He said, after taking a sip. That early morning, a messenger arrived with important news. The letter was short, with only the information of when, the time, and the level of importance." Now, Earlier than a week ago, we received a large amount of detection of mana." said the Priest, making Ruve nod. He remembers he ordered the mages to find where it came from, kept the people calm, and reported to the High Towers and the Church. "Well, during that time, the Heroes Relics glowed to life." Said the priest, who watched his Emperor's face. His face was shocked, disbelieving, and utterly unexpected. "What! That impossible, that would mean that-" The priest nods, and cuts his Emperor sentence off, "Yes, it would mean that our God, had once more chosen a new hero and great danger is coming." Ruve was silent, The last time a new hero was chosen, was during... The Chaotic Age.

An age in which the realm of monsters, demons, and all nightmares came to. The whole realm was ready to be destroyed, but the gods chose four heroes from the six continents and they chose to sacrifice themselves to save the world. "The temple and Black Towers are combining great effort to find our chosen hero. We will inform you of any changes." Said the priest before Ruve nodded and dismissed him.

Ruve was in deep thought, this needed to be shared by the council. However, he was also thinking of his dream. The dream of that young girl, with silver hair like Artistia, his blue eyes that shimmer like crystals. A daughter who was a balanced mix of them.

Ruve never gave up hope that he would not find Artistia. At first, he thought he loved Jieun, but slowly he began to see how both treated him differently. Jieun was not confident about being queen, and even lessons in a ruling she skipped and made a large fuss about. While Artstia was diligent and knew what to do. She also knew when he needed a break from the council or needed advice.

It was only until Artistia was gone, that he truly understood the hurt he gave her. He promised himself if he found her, he would let her return to her estate, and let her choose her new life and new love. He has already been selfish enough for what he has done. That way, he decided to teach Regulus how to be a better man and king. So when it is time, Regulus will be a better person than he was.

However, if... There was a chance that Artistia still loved him. Then, he wanted to start over, give Reglues the crown when he was ready, and go somewhere far away from his kingdom with her.

Sometimes, his emotions and thoughts are like an ocean, they change from life to hatred to wanting to let his pride go and beg for her forgiveness. Now, Ruve sat there, just thinking of what was going to happen.

Meanwhile...

Crown Prince Regulus was currently reading about the line of his family tree

Crown Prince Regulus was currently reading about the line of his family tree. His family tree where defendants of the first Emperors and the Chosen Hero: Song. Regulus learns that Song was the Firstborn, born with a moon birthmark, and has a name that means music or singing. He learned that he nor his baby sister Yingling had it.

A couple of hours earlier, he overheard a conversation with his father and the head priest. He knew it was wrong, but he was curious. After hearing it, he left and began to research before he got caught. Regulus closes his eyes, he knows that the gods favor their chosen descendants, so why is it that neither he nor his sister has it? Roman doesn't have it, because he saw Roman's back during training on hot days, no mark. And his twin cousins Gem and Ani don't have it because the doctors would have told them.

That leaves two theories, his aunt is pregnant again, or... Roman may be right about him having another sibling. However, his father hadn't been with anyone except his mother and... Lady Artistia.

He remembers that his mother took him to her grave to pay respects. Since no one could find her or a body, not only rumors had it she had a child.

So, if it is possible, then He may have a sibling, and she would look like their mother or his father or a mix. He decided to keep it to himself. He can't let anyone know until he is sure. For now, he wants to investigate, so he leaves to join his sister and mother for tea before his investigation.