Book 1-Chapter 11

Castine Empire, Royal Guest Room of Castine Main Palace

Calliope slowly opened her eyes, to the sunlight that was shining through the large window of a bedroom, that she was in

Calliope slowly opened her eyes, to the sunlight that was shining through the large window of a bedroom, that she was in. Calliope looks around, still in a slight haze, before she can understand what going on, a doctor comes over to her."Ah! I see you finally awaken, thank goodness. You had a high fever throughout the night before it broke this morning."The doctor said helping Calliope sit up with a maid help.

Calliope takes a look around the bedroom she is in. The bedroom was ravishing in nobility, and the colors were aqua blue and linens white. The bedroom wasn't the one she stayed in at the Hearts Mansion. With a shaky and cracked voice, she looks at the doctor and asks, "Wh-where am I..." Her body felt like it had been through a storm on a ship at sea.

The doctor gave her a surprised look before returning to a more professional face."Ah, short-memory loss. That is to be expected after all that mana you used took quite a toll on your body." The kind doctor said as he handed her some medication and a maid brought a glass of water."Take this medication. These will help refresh your body and give back some strength. "The Doctor explained as he watched her take the medication and drink the water.

"T-Thank you.." Calliope said before feeling the medication work. Her body felt a lot better, but She still wanted to know where she was. "Um, sir, where am I? This room doesn't look like that of the Hearts Mansion guest room."Calliope said, making the maid gasp, "Oh, this is the Royal Guest chamber in the Castine Main palace, miss."The maid explains as the doctor packs his bag.

Calliope felt like the whole world just stopped. She was currently in one of the royal palaces of the Castine Empire. Then she felt the memories resurfacing of the events of yesterday.

Going to the market... The demonic beast... Saving the little girl... The knights... The carriage... All of it was flooding back like a wave that crashed down on her. She couldn't believe it, as she sat in bed and let the doctor do one final check-up on her after the maid left.

She has to get out of here, no doubt that Roman and his family must be worried about her. She waited until the doctor left before she got up and out of bed. However, she collapses and looks at her legs to see that her legs got tangled in the bed sheet. Calliope sat up and saw a mirror. Her eyes were ridden, with shock and fear... Her ring... It wasn't on her, so it shows her true form.

Calliope's silver hair was longer, down to the floor and her skin looked oddly smoother, while her ocean blue eyes seemed to be flowing with energy. But what shocked her the most, was the markings on her body. The sleeve nightgown on her body reveals the markings.

 The sleeve nightgown on her body reveals the markings

'what...what is this...' Calliope thought as she traced the beautifully design markings from her chest to her arm, but quickly shook her head and got herself untangled before hurrying to the four of the bedrooms she was in.

Calliope slips out and goes down the hallway, avoiding guards and servants alike. 'for a guest wing, the security is strict yet relaxing.' Calliope thought before she somehow ended up in the gardens. "Dang it it, I knew I should have turned left before on the second right, "Calliope mutters and walks through the area, hoping to find the exit.

Calliope ended up in the Royal greenhouse. She decided to take a break and at in the ground. She leaned her head back against the trunk of the tree she was sitting against. She looked around the area she was in.

This area was unkempt yet, it seemed someone was trying to look after it

This area was unkempt yet, it seemed someone was trying to look after it. Calliope could imagine it as someone who deeply loves this area and who seemed devoted to it before it was let go.

Calliope decided to keep moving but stopped when she saw a flower. The flower was a Peony, her mom's favorite flower.

Without realizing it, tears were falling from her eyes

Without realizing it, tears were falling from her eyes. "Mom.."She whispered before feeling all the weight she had been carrying crash down on her shoulders. Calliope began to cry as she remembered her mother's face, her smile, her laugh, her devotion, and her courage. Calliope could only cry as she sat in front of the flowers.

After a while, she wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath. She gently brushes her fingers against the petals of the peony flowers. She remembers a song, her mom would sing to her. Calliope took a deep breath before she began to sing.

Unknown to Calliope, around her the garden began to glow as spirits appeared to dance and listen to this girl's beautiful and angelic voice.

Meanwhile...

The servants were frantic looking for the young lady that save the princess. When the maid who was helping the doctor left to report to Emperor Ruve, and then returned the girl was gone. The Emperor had ordered the guards and servants to find her.

A young servant girl with brown hair, and light blue eyes wearing a pink maid uniform, looks around the garden. Her name was Arabella. She looked around trying to figure out, where a young girl could be.

Then she saw a sparkling gold, and it was leading to the abandoned garden house. She follows the sparkles, and when she enters... She heard them sing. She followed the voice and on the ground was the missing guest. She had tears in her eyes, yet, she sang and everything around her was glowing, like spirits dancing.

When the song ends, both the teenager and the young girl meet each other eyes. They didn't move as if they did then the spell would of been broken. But it was broken when the butler, servants, and the emperor entered.

The young girl quickly got up and looked ready to run."Wait please, I... I'm sorry if I startled you."Arabella said, sitting on the ground as the Emperor, Head butler, and the servants stayed behind her."My name is Arabella.. What's yours?" she asked giving a gentle smile. The young girl gave her a look full of distrust. "I know, it can be frightening and scary, but... I promise you, no harm will come to you."Arabella said making the young girl's eyes soften.

The young girl takes a small step like she is dipping her toes in water, before coming near Arabella. Arabella smiled, "It's nice to meet you..." the girl spoke, and her young voice was like sugar and nightingale, "Calliope... Calliope Pioneer." She said smiling, but it still held distrust.