Book 1- Chapter 12

The Royal Guest Room

Calliope was getting a bath, and she was not happy

Calliope was getting a bath, and she was not happy. The maids were so over-excited, that she did not know what was going on. The maids were oiling and rubbing her body with bath oils. They were washing her hair, and rubbing it hair oil. They were doing her nails, buffing, massaging, and painting them.

After she was out and dried off, one maid put a robe on her and tired the sash. Then, a guard picked her up and carried her to the seamstress dressing room. She could tell it was that by, all the dresses, materials, and how an older woman was observing, wearing a professional dress. The old lady measured, and asked her about colors she liked or fairy tales, and all that.

By the end of it, Calliope was tired, weirded out, and mad. She was escorted (more like carried back) to the guest room. Calliope earlier demanded her locket and dagger back. She got her necklace, but the dagger was being tested and observed by the mages, to see if it had an enchantment, so until it was clear she wouldn't get it back. Calliope held the locket close to her, before the music from the garden, Arabella came in with a tray of food.

 Calliope held the locket close to her, before the music from the garden, Arabella came in with a tray of food

"Ah, young miss, I brought some food. The doctor recommends something simple to help with your appetite."Arabella said smiling, before setting the tray on the table, where the couch and chair were. Calliope got up and at in front of the tray on the couch. "This is some potato soup, with honey bread, and a couple of herbal tea made by the doctor, "Arabella explains to a silent Calliope.

Calliope at first did not eat, and Arabella saw how hungry she was but could see that Calliope was debating if to risk it or not. So, Arabelka took a spoon from her apron pocket and took a bite of the potato soup, surprising Calliope. Arabella took a piece of the honey bread and drank a bit of the tea. Calliope, surprised seeing the maid going that decide if the maid did it... They maybe it was okay.

Calliope began to eat the food given to her making Arabella happy that the young girl was eating. After a while, Arabella ate all of her food and drank all of the tea. "I'm glad you enjoy it, ah, is there anything else you would like to miss?" Arabella asked, making Calliope debate before making her final decision, "Why... Why am I here... When can I return to the Hearts' mansion!?"Asked a desperate Calliope holding her mother's necklace tighter.

Arabella could tell the young girl was desperate, "I'm sorry, I don't know when you will return to the Hearts. But I do know why you are here."Arabella said making Calliope peak after she cast her eyes down after Arabella told her, she did not know when Calliope could return to the Hearts."The butler said that the princess was saved by you during a demonic attack, apparently after His Highness saw you, he made an official announcement  you be staying with her as a guest of the state." Arabella explains to shock Calliope.

Calliope heard dark rumors in her mother's tavern about the Emperor. How he cast his first wife aside... How he emotionally abused her, how he was cruel to his first wife but loved the Empress as if she was a rare jewel.  Those rumors terrified Calliope, and the fact, that he supposedly killed his first wife, was treacherous. Calliope had nightmares, dreaming she was watching some woman being abused by the emperor, who was in the form of a monster.

Calliope did not realize that the doors opened in the guest room until she heard footsteps. Calliope saw the man of her nightmare... The man who ruled everyone that was under his sun was Emperor Ruvellius Castine. His sky-blue hair gleams in the sun and his ocean-blue eyes shimmer as if you're looking into a storm. He was dressed in a formal uniform fit for royalty with the Castine Empire crest.  He sat in the chair across from Calliope and Arabella, who bowed and said, "I greet the Sun of the Empire."She said before stepping behind Calliope.

"Hello, you know who I am, "Emperor Ruvellius said, making Calliope nod, and clench her mother's necklace. "Yates, your Highness."She said trying to hold her voice steady like her mother taught her. She sits up straight, shoulders back but Chest puffs up. She held her head high and steady. "Good, Herman.."A man appear, "Please bring the dress that the seamstress made for the young girl."The man named Herman bows, "Yes Your Highness."He said before leaving. Within 10 to 15 minutes, Herman returned with a dress.

Arabella and two other maids took Calliope away, while the men waited

Arabella and two other maids took Calliope away, while the men waited. Arabella dresses the girl in the beautiful gown, but Calliope's only thought is how much it costs compared to what her village could get during the winter. Calliope felt like she was betraying her mission.

After she was done, she was returned to where both the advisors named Herman the Emperor were. Both men looked shocked, it was as if they were glimpsing into the past of a young Lady Aristia La Monique, except for the Ocean Blue eyes.

Ruve composed himself before motioning for the young girl to sit down. Calliope did, and tea was served. "Young lady, I have some questions, if you don't mind."Emperor Ruvellis asks but it sounds more of an order so Calliope nods. Ruve took a sip of his tea before he sat it on the plate and looked again and began."What is your name?"He asked, and Calliope gave him a composed look, It felt her hands shanking."Calliope... Calliope Pioneer."She said and Ruve continued to ask questions. Questions like where she was from, or how old she was.

"Now, my final question, what is your mother's name and what does she look like-" Ruve was cut off by a servant who bangbangedn the four and looked scared, "Your Highness! Duchess Heart demands an audience with you in the Royal Family Room!" Relieving the servant making Ruve curse, he stands up and looks to Herman, "Keep our young guest entertained. "Herman nodded and watched his Emperor leave.

Ruve was beyond pissed, and when he entered the Royal Family Room, he saw his older sister standing there in a red, black,  elegant but strong outfit.

"Ruve! How dare you refuse to return my ward to me!"Yelled Roxanna Glaring at her younger Brother. However,  Ruve did not coward but glared just as hard, "How dare you hide that Aristia had a child. My Child!"Yelled Ruve and you could feel the tension coming from the two siblings, unknown to them, more problems came in the form of a ship sailing to the Castine Empire with the Royal Guest and hero.