Book 1, Chapter 9 (Part 2)

Roman's office, Heart Mansion

Regulus looks at his cousin with an intense gaze

Regulus looks at his cousin with an intense gaze. Roman sighs, "As you know if a royal family of the main line has more than one child, those siblings must compete for the crown. The nobility is divided by the favors of those candidates, some want favors in turn or power. Now, if those siblings came from a divorce or wedlock, then there is a possibility that siblings may compete but will be outcasted. "Roman explained as he made another cup of tea before drinking it. "It is only if that sibling or siblings receive favor from the Emperor may they become another opponent in the game of power."Roman finishes, looking at Regulus, who was taking in the information."Yes, Auntie explained that to me along with my teachers, why does it involve if- unless..."He looks at Roman with surprise. Roman gave a grim nod, with a sad face. "Yes, you do indeed have an older sibling, a sister. Lady Artistia knew your father would favor you and your sister, so she left. However, she discovered she was with the child of your father and decided to go into hiding. "Regulus stood up with a face of anger, "And you knew! Why didn't you tell me or- or FAther!!

Roman got up and slammed his hand to the table, shocking Regulus."If anyone knew they would be killed! Your mother's supporters would try to get rid of her one way or another through the slave trade or assassination! So, it would keep your mother's bloodline on the throne!"Yelled Roman giving his lover and Regulus and scary and serious glare.

Regulus was surprised, never had known his cousin would be like that. He understood he could be more serious in dangerous or serious events, but to see it like this... He finally understood. Regulus thought about and remembered his family history. Hell! His Aunt told him of the number of times she was nearly killed or what those who supported her did to his father through assassination. Regulus imagines a girl who is his older sister with a blade in her heart... That image alone made him want to scream in agony.

Roman must have noticed Regulus because the next words that came out, were a surprise, "I can arrange a meeting between you both. However, she must know you are her brother. All she knows is that her father is high ranking and her mother left her father, along with my family knew him." Regulus nods before they spend the rest of his visit in silence.

In the Market