Book 1- Chapter 17

Calliope woke up the next day and rubbed her eyes

Calliope woke up the next day and rubbed her eyes. She looked outside of her room to see the early morning sun. She rested her chin on her knees as she hugged herself. Everything felt like a dream. A ridiculous story from the children's books she used to read as a child. However, what made it real was the room, the knowledge of who her father was, and the knowledge of her mother's killer still on the loose.

She gripped her dagger, as she remembered the face of the men, who killed her mother. If she could find them and get answers from them... She can avenge her mother.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Arabella and another maid. The woman has orange hair and amber-orange eyes while wearing a blue-white maid outfit. Arabella was wearing one as well. "Hello, my lady I am Lina. I will be your headmaid and personal maid along with Miss Arabella."The newcomer said, name Lina.

Both Girls then help Calliope into the bath. They gave her a treatment that was said to make her skin soft. It was different compared to her aunt's staff and that of the palace. The reason it felt different was that, it gave a more familiar and loving compassion.

Calliope was placed in an elegant and comfortable dress

Calliope was placed in an elegant and comfortable dress. Compared to the last few dresses, this one had to be her favorite. The two women beamed in pride at their work. They looked like they enjoyed giving their lady the true treatment of her status. "My lady looks so beautiful!" cried Arabella with tears of happiness.

Lina nods in satisfaction, "Milday is beautiful! Milady truly looks like Lady Aristia, when she was younger!"Explained Lina, who told Arabella making both Arabella and Calliope surprised.

Calliope looked at herself in the mirror and observed herself. 'Do I look like mom?' She thought touching her cheeks softly. She tries to imagine her serious, loving, stern mother at a young age. Still stern but beautiful and looked like her.

'I... I wonder what she was like as a child. Did... She had to worry like she did while working the tavern. Or was she more carefree and yet cautious ?' Calliope thought before she shook her head.

Right now Calliope needed to gather information. In doing so, she needed to start in the library so she decided to ask Lina. "Umm, Ms. Lina, is there a library here?"Calliope asked in a sweet tone, making Lina smile. "Yes! I will escort you, my lady!" She said excitedly.

Lina escorts both Arabella and Calliope to the library."The library here is not as grand as the Castine Imperial Library nor that of the Vita Libaray in the capital, but it still has a grand selection of  books." Lina explained before they arrived at the library.

Calliope was surprised at how well taken care of the library was

Calliope was surprised at how well taken care of the library was. "Lady Aristia loved coming to the Library as a child."Said Lina, who saw Calliope's face of surprise. Calliope blushed, but couldn't help but smile at this fact. Her mom and she would bond over books before everything.

Soon Lina left to get breakfast, while Arabella and Calliope explored the library. Calliope walked deeper into the library in hopes of finding information regarding the Chaos age, Vita and the other gods, and... Her father's bloodline.

If her mother died because of that or because she was the eldest maybe she find out who it was. She recalled what the men's said before, about who hired them. They referred to him as "The Poison Grape". Whoever he was, karma is coming.

----Cliffhanger---