Enough

A/n: the main character in this one shot is uncomfortable with their body. If this makes you uncomfortable reading, you don't have to. Otherwise enjoy the story. (F/C/P)= favorite clothing piece —————————————————————————————————

I don't know why I don't like my body, I just don't. I was and Avenger. I was supposed to be strong and unbreakable, but when it came to looking in the mirror, it broke me into millions of pieces. No one knew about my problem unfortunately. I wanted a shoulder to lean on and to have them tell me it's was gonna be ok.

I pretty much only wear baggy cloths to hide what I'm a shamed of. I hated training, I hate- "Y/N!" I looked up from my thoughts to see everyone looking at me. "What?" I was a little taken aback by everyone's eyes on me. "Are you listening? I've been talking for 10 minutes and you've been staring off into space." Tony said sounding annoyed. "Sorry, I was just thinking. Continue."

Before I looked down at my lap again, my eyes meet with the God of Mischief sitting across from me. Unknowing to me he has been reading my mind the entire time I was spaced out. Now he knows my darkest secret and shame.

Loki and I where good friends. We would go on missions together and talk about whatever came to mind. I felt safe with him, but not enough to tell him what's was going on. Although I didn't have to now. The only way we would talk about it was if he brought it up. How could I know he read my mind?

"Now that we have Y/N back on earth, the get together starts at 7 and I really would like no one to be late." Tony looked at every one making he sure that everyone understood. Once he did he let us go. I caught up with Wanda at walked beside her for a bit before asking, "What was Tony talking about? Like you and everyone saw I spaced out." "He asked a few of his rich and friends to come over to the compound to have a little 'get together'." She air quoted. "But we both know it's just gonna be like all his other party's." We botched laughed as I waved as I broke off into my room.

There I lay in my bed staring at the wall and letting my thoughts drift, a little to far again. My mind went back to my body every time. I tried to stop it by reading, writing, or listening to music. With that I put of some calming music and decided to try and pick out an out fit for tonight. I looked though my closet trying to find a button down shirt or a dress that I would be ok with wearing.

Nothing.

I closed my closet at sat on the floor at the end of my bed and brought my knees up to my chest and buried my face. I could feel tears starting to roll down my face to my neck and then down to the floor.

What seemed like hours passed before I headed the smallest knock at my door. I got up and wiped my face to see who it was. I opened the door just enough to see Loki standing on the other side. Now knowing who it was I opened the door a bit more. "H-hi Loki." I was trying not to cry in front of him. Looking down helped a little.

He pushed those door open carefully and stepped into the room without saying a word. Once he closed it, he walked up to me and pulled me into his chest with one hand on my back and the other on my head. It took me by surprise for awhile. But as he stroked my hair, my arms went around his waist pulling him a little closer.

"It's alright love, you can cry." His words where so kind and soft. I felt myself breaking in his arms and started to whimper into his chest. My whimpers grew into tears into sobs and back to whimpers. I stared to calm down and tried to focus on breathing.

Once I was back to normal, Loki loosened his embrace on me. I leaned back to look at his face. He looked down at me and smiled but with his brows frowning. "Thank you." I said softly. "Anytime." He said as he bent down and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I instantly felt calmer and sat down on my bed. Loki was seated next to me. I took his hand in mine and rubbed it with my thumb.

"Why, do you not like how you look?" My shot up to look at his. "I read your mind when Stark was debriefing us on the party." I looked down again trying to think of what to say. "I don't really know why, all I know is that I never have really liked how I looked. Unfortunately, it's like second nature. You look at him to try to find an sign of agreement or humiliation, but all you could see is love, and someone who cares.

"You are enough, for anyone including yourself. You look perfect whenever I look at you and if anyone thinks differently, they're wrong." You smiled a genuine smile at him, something you haven't done in a while. His his free hand he cupped your face and pulled it so that both your heads where resting on each other's.

You pulled away after a few minutes and kissed him. He immediately kissed you back with is hand down to your neck. When you both pulled away you were wide eyed. "I'm sorry!" You said quickly. "It just felt right in the moment." "Well, I think so too." Loki smiled at you.

You laugh a little and say, "Now there's another thing we have in common." You both sit on your bed just looking at each other for who knows how long. "Loki?" "Yes dove?"

"I have nothing to wear tonight. And I was thinking that maybe you could conjure something that I would like wearing?" He smiled at the idea and nodded his head. With a wave of his fingers a (F/C/P) appeared behind you both. You stood up in aw at it. It was made of what seemed like complete silk. "It's perfect." You surprised with your words. I've never said anything like that about clothes before.

"I'll leave you to put it on." You nodded as Loki left the room. You put the (F/C/P) on and looked in the mirror. It was still a bit painful to look in but a little less. You where able to hold a smile looking at it. As you left the room Loki was beside the door already dressed for the occasion. You figured he just snapped his fingers and was ready.

He held out his arm for you to take. You dill willingly and both of you headed to the lounge where everyone was. Nat and Wanda looked at you and smiled and held up a thumbs up earthier to signal 'Nice outfit' or 'Nice date'.

You were happy. For once you were actually happy. And you were able to share it with some you cared about.