Sweet nothings

It has been a long day. I just want to sleep and stop feeling all the bruises I've gotten today from training. I look at the time and it's already past midnight. I sigh. He's probably not awake. I think to myself. He as in Loki, my love. I tip tow into our room in the compound an head to the bathroom the change and wash my face off.

As I finish I hear him turning and getting out of bed. I feel bad, I woke him up. The door knob turns and he opens it to reveal his body almost the height of the frame. He's rubbing his eyes mostly because of the light. "Did you just get back dove?" He asked looking down at me. "Yeah," I whispered. "I was doing one of the new trainings that Fury gave us to do." I continue rubbing my ribs in pain.

He looks my body up and down seeing all the bruises. His brows frown and so did his lips. "What I'd you do to yourself?" He gently grabbed my arm tracing the marks. "I was training with Bucky, and when you tell him not to hold back he listen a little to well." Loki huffs in anger. "Why didn't you train with Natasha or Wanda, Rogers?" "They were asleep, he was the only option. But I got some good hits in, don't worry."

"It's not him I'm worrying about darling." I glaze up into his eyes and see the light of concern in them. He moves his hand to intertwined with mind and turns off the light and leads me to bed. He lays first and gives me to lay on top of him with our stomachs touching. He starts combing my hair and his other hand on my back.

"Thank you." I whisper. "No need to thank me, this just the bear minimum." "What else does the bear minimum come with?" I ask. "Since it's night and there's really nothing physical I can do now, I suppose words for now." He answers. "What words specifically?"

It's weird, but it feels like I can hear him thinks of what to say, but the doesn't last long.

"I love how you speak to me when I'm alone. I like to feel your heart beating, because it makes me smile." I can feel my pupils widen and my stomach fill with butterflies. "Your laugh reminds me of the songs the birds sing in the early mornings. Your as strong as the most powerful words ever spoken. You feel as though you where crafted by gods themselves."

Tears of love swell my eyes and the biggest smile follows. "I love you Y/N for all of eternity. Even if we're on the opposite sides of the universe, I will always love you." I sit up on his lap and look at him with his hand both on my waist. "I love you too. Forever." I lean back down and kiss him. One of his hands cupping my face.

Even with all bruises and marks, his touch and love makes it painless.