Shifting to him Pt1

Your eyes, looking at your ceiling waiting to fall asleep. The script under your pillow that you spent hours on making everting go as perfect as they can. From love, to your avenger character is wearing.

You close your eyes and roll over to your side and breath big to be calm and set into sleep. Still, you toss and turn, existed and nervous. But now, your limbs become limp, your breathing slows down, and your eyes are heavy. 

You start to sleep. Sooner or later you wake up, you're sitting on the couch in the avengers compound, wearing the most beautiful dress (or suit) you could think up. There's a party or what tony would call a "small gathering" happening. Music, dancing, drinks, little food, you know. 

Tony talking up the richer attendings with Pepper. Natasha at the bar, and Steve with Sam and Rhodey the couch couch reminiscing. Thor with the tougher people, Clint with his wife, and Bruce just walking around awkwardly.

They say hi and compliment your look as you stand up walking to the bar. You smile and accept the compliments. You look around for the special someone you where there for, but so far, nothing. 

Nat sees you and waves you over. You turn your path to her, and gets behind the bar to get a drink for you. "Thank you Nat." You say taking your DOC (drink of choice) and sipping. 

"You seem underwhelmed Y/N." "Oh no, the drink is good, it's-," cutting you off she says, "No. about this," gesturing to the people. "I know my drinks are good." She continues. You laugh. "Tony always does the same thing, lots of people, drinking, same damn music!" You complain.

"That's Tony," Nat agrees. "He likes predictability."  "No wonder he get mad when we don't follow the plan." "HA!" You both start laughing to yourselves. After a few more sips of your drink, you look to Nat, but she's already looking at you, knowing what you were going to say. "I'm sorry Nat, but I have to find him." She rolls her eyes, but she nods reluctantly. 

In your scrip, you wrote that Nat is one of the only people who understands/ accepts that Loki is your partner. Not only in fighting, but in love. You both met when Thor when back to Asgard to stop Loki from killing off the ice giants. You worked with Jane, but also under cover for shield before you became an avenger. 

You tried to keep to your self, yet people would come to you and try and make conversation. But you kindly excused yourself each time. Why isn't he here? He was supposed to be here. You thought. You went up the glass stairs to try and find him from a Birds Eye View.

Nothing. Loki wasn't sitting, with Thor, at the bar, on a balcony. Nowhere. You think back to what you wrote. You go to the bar, you and Nat talk, mingle, and... you forgot. Eventually you go back down to the main floor and go back to the couch where you were sitting in the beginning.

Steve, Sam and Rhodey had moved on, so it was just you now. You try your best to think about what you wrote but now that you were shifted, you couldn't really remember. It was all a blur.

The music dies down and peoples conversations get louder. You could see the DJ from where you were sitting, putting in a new record and switching up the switches and knobs. The music starts playing and no longer upbeat/what you would call party, music, but slow songs. It was time to dance.