五 | 𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐖.

C H A P T E R    F I V E

"The fog is so thick, you can barely see a thing

"The fog is so thick, you can barely see a thing.." Sakura mumbled.

The team and Tazuna were currently cramped in a boat, Maniko taking up most of the space with his much needed slumber.

The teal haired boy had laid his head on Kakashi's lap, as the copy ninja would occasionally run his hands through the boy's hair.

Sasuke stole few glances at the sleeping boy, though it didn't go unseen by Kakashi.

Naruto sat at the front of the boat, sniffing and huffing with jealousy. 'Maniko has slept on everyone except for me!' The blonde comically cried in his head.

"The bridge isn't far now. Our destination is just ahead. The land of waves." A voice announced, making Maniko squirm slightly and hum in annoyance. One firm hand ran through his hair, immediately relaxing the boy and putting him back to sleep.

'How cute.' Kakashi thought, tucking a loose teal strand of hair behind the boys ear.

Kakashi was only now to notice Maniko's features up close, like how he had light freckles on his face, as well as a scar on his eyebrow which left a slit. And, how peaceful he looked sleeping, despite how energetic and frantic the boy usually was when awake.

"Woah! It's huge!" Naruto yelled out suddenly, causing the sleeping boy to jolt awake. Kakashi sighed in annoyance, already missing Maniko's touch.

"Huh?! I'm awake! That's what she said- But also.. What's huge?!" Maniko asked, frantically.

"Quiet! I told you. No noise. Why do you think we're travelling like this, huh? So they don't see us!" One of the boat rowers scoldingly whispered, as Maniko and Naruto covered their mouths with their hands.

"Sorry.." Maniko whispered.

"Mr Tazuna.." Kakashi started."Those men who are after you.. I want you to tell me why. Otherwise, I'm afraid we'll have to end this mission, and drop you off shore."

Tazuna grumbled, everyone now silent waiting on the man to speak.

"It seems I have no choice but to tell you.. The man who seeks my life. You know him. Or at least, I'm sure you've heard of him before.." Tazuna started.

"He's one of the wealthiest men in the world. Gatto. He sells drugs, using gangs and ninja, and anyone who had tried to stand in his way.. Disappeared. Though he fears only one thing. The bridge. When it's complete, it will join us to the land and that will break his control. I am the bridge builder." He explained.

"So that's it. Since you're in charge of the bridge, you're standing in this gangster's way." Sakura re-explained.

"That means, those guys we saw in the forest.. They were working for Gatto." Sasuke finished.