二十七 | 𝐁𝐘𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐍!

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N

The team sat on the floor, huddled together as they discussed their new strategy

The team sat on the floor, huddled together as they discussed their new strategy. "That encounter was all just proof that we can't trust appearances alone." Sasuke started.

"Yeah.. Maniko, you could've gotten really badly hurt!" Sakura agreed. "You're lucky Sasuke pushed you out the way in time."

Naruto sulked slightly, upset that he wasn't the one to save Maniko instead. 'Sasuke is always stealing the spotlight!' He thought.

"Oh, c'mon! I totally had that under control, guys!" The tealette lied, waving his hand in dismay.

The boy was brushing off his near death experience like it was a slice of cake served to him on a platter, even though he in fact nearly got his face blown off..

Everyone deadpanned at the boy knowingly.

...

"Okay, fine. I had no control whatsoever-" Maniko admitted, sweatdropping. He never was a good liar.

"Which is why we should come up with a way of knowing know that each of us is who we say we are, and not just some cheap imposter using a transformation jutsu." Sasuke concluded, deep in thought.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Alright, so what do we do?" Sakura asked.

"We need a password. A secret one, only known to the three of us." The Uchiha finalised.

"Good idea, Sasuke. That, way we can't trust anyone who doesn't know it!" Maniko explained, unaware to the ears listening in.

"Alright. Listen closely, because I'm only gonna say this once. The question will be: When does a ninja strike?" Sasuke started.

"And the response is.. A ninja waits until the time is right, when the enemy sleeps and drops its guard, when his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night, that is the moment for a ninja to strike." He finished.

Maniko and Naruto slowly turned to look at each other with the same expression, before looking back at Sasuke.

"Got it?" Sasuke asked.

Maniko: ...( •́_•̀') ?

Naruto: ...(•́•̀) !

".........suuure.." Maniko agreed, not so convincingly.

"....Y-You got one a little shorter..?" Naruto hesitated, earning a grumble from Sakura.

"No, Naruto. That's it." The dark haired male answered, straight faced.

"C'mon, Naruto! I memorised it easily!" Sakura scolded.