二十四 | 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐔𝐒

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R

Suddenly, a purple haired Jonin crashed into the room

"I-Is this still part of the test?!" Naruto yelled, caught off guard.

"Now that's an entrance!" Maniko joked.

"Heads up boys and girls! This is no time to be celebrating!" A woman with a purple spiked ponytail yelled as if she didn't just irrationally break through the glass window, knowing fully well she could have just used the door.

"I'll be your next proctor." She announced. "Anko Mitarashi."

"You ready for the second test?" Nobody even had time to answer, as she immediately spoke straight after. "Good! Follow me!"

'Great. A screaming nutcase. She reminds me of Naruto..' Sakura thought, deadpanning as she stared at Anko. Everyone else wore similar expressions.

"How many even are there.." Anko mumbled. "Ibiki.. You let all these guys pass..? You're test was too easy! You must be growing soft.." She scolded, clearly not too happy with the variety of passing Genin.

"Or, it could be.. A stronger crowd of candidates this year." Ibiki defended.

"Hm..." Anko hummed, as she eyed down the Genin. "They sure don't look it."

"Trust me, once I'm done with them.. A lot more than half will be eliminated." She threatened.

"M-More than half..?" Maniko gulped, staring at the purple haired Jonin. 'She's lost the plot.'

Anko smirked slightly at Maniko's reaction. "This is gonna be fun.." She mumbled under her breath.

"Alright, you maggots have had it easy so far, but things are gonna be different starting first thing in the morning. I'll let your squad leaders know where you're to meet me." Anko explained.

"Dismissed.~" She spoke, eerily.

All present Genin scrambled to their feet, taking their leave immediately, Maniko and Gaara being the last ones out, considering they sat at the back.

Maniko took this opportunity to finally speak to the redhead, letting his teammates walk ahead as the two trailed behind.

"Hey, Gaara! Thanks for, y'know... helping me and all." He grinned, rubbing the back of his neck. "Even if the whole exam only depended on the tenth question, you were still willing to help me! And, I definitely owe you for that."

Gaara nodded slightly in acknowledgement, but still yet to say a word.

"Though.." Maniko started. "I am kinda curious.. Why did you help me in the first place? N-Not that I'm complaining or anything! It's just tha-" Maniko started, waving his hands up in defence, only to be cut off by Gaara.