二十八 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Maniko had spent the last thirty minutes with Team Guy, trying to locate his team

Maniko had spent the last thirty minutes with Team Guy, trying to locate his team. He had already gotten used to Lee's clinginess, Neji's constant glares, and TenTen's welcoming persona.

Suddenly, an ear deafening scream that could be heard from miles away, sounded out within the forest. A voice, that to Maniko, was easily recognisable. The tealettes eyes widened as he looked over to team Guy, with only one word replaying in his mind.

'Sasuke!'

Everyone on Team Guy seemed to be alert from the sudden yell, after a long moment of silence.

"I think it came from that way!" Lee pointed at said direction. "Neji!" He commanded.

The long haired brunette seemed to have gotten the memo, as he let out an inaudible sigh. "Byakugan!" He yelled, as veins suddenly appeared around his pearly white eyes.

He stared among the direction Lee had pointed out. "His team is less than half a mile away from us, straight ahead." Neji explained.

"Let us not waste any more time, then!" Lee optimised. Just as he was about to lead the way, a firm grip stopped him.

"Wait, Lee.. It's fine. I can handle this by myself." Maniko stated, overconfidently.

"I should not.. No, I will not let you walk into a battle alone!" Lee rejected.

"Lee's right, Maniko. It could be dangerous, and you're already down by two teammates!" TenTen listed.

"Guys, I'll be fine! I swear it!" Maniko assured, saluting the two with a soft smile on his face.

"There are no current enemies near by. However, Sakura seems to be the only one conscious." Neji explained the situation, stoically.

"See?? I'll be fine, Lee! No threat is currently near them." Maniko repeated.

"That is far from fine.. First of all, that could change in an instant. Secondly, Sakura is the only one there that is awake!" Lee argued, his bushy eyebrows furrowing.

"Uhm... Well then, how about this.. Seeing as I can read minds.. You guys stay hidden up to eight meters away from me." The tealette started.

"That way, you might not be able to see me from such a distance, however if anything does happen to go wrong, I can communicate to you through your minds." He added, seeing that the black haired male still remained stubborn, and unconvinced.

After a bit of hesitation, Lee and TenTen both sighed in defeat.

"Only if you insist..." Lee agreed, still not completely fond towards the idea of putting his one and only soulmate at risk.

"Thanks! You guys are the best!" The Tasuya smiled wholeheartedly, before jumping off, from tree to tree.

'Wait... The... Best..?!' Lee thought. Stars appeared in his eyes, as a pink hue coated his surprised face.