十四 | 𝐇𝐎𝐄-𝐊𝐀-𝐆𝐀𝐘𝐒

C H A P T E R   F O U R T E E N

The walk back to Maniko's apartment was peaceful

The walk back to Maniko's apartment was peaceful. Perhaps it was the fact that he had a lot on his mind to keep him quiet and thinking for a while, like; the ramen Sasuke owed him, and the Chunin Exams, or maybe the competition he'll have to go up against, and-

Suddenly, a shoulder collided with his, sending boy stumbling backwards onto the floor. "Oi, watch where the hell you're going." A boy huffed. The male had light brown hair which was shoulder length, along with pine green eyes, so dark you could confuse them for black. Maniko narrowed his eyes. The boy was presumably a similar age to him, along with the ninja headband he wore around his neck with a symbol that differentiated to his. Which could only mean two things; one, he's an outsider and two, he's here for the Chunin exams.

Not only that, but two other nin stood beside the boy as they eyed Maniko down. Almost as if he were their last meal. The tealette gulped at the glares he was given, and that alone told him not to argue back to the other boy which was in fact what he had in mind. Instead... "Aha, sorry. That was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going.." He apologised, standing back up again.

"Yeah? Well maybe next time you should-" The brunette cut himself off, inching closer towards the other boy's face as he stared deep into the tealettes eyes. The other two nin just looked at each other questionably, before looking back at the two boys. Maniko sweatdropped at the proximity of their faces, backing away slightly. "...A Tasuya? That's rare.." He mumbled. "You'd like to think for a Tasuya, you'd be able to see into the future and, y'know? Not bump into me?" The brunette mocked.

Maniko scoffed at the comment. As much as he hated to admit it, the boy was cute until he opened his stupid loud mouth. He couldn't just admit that he doesn't know how to see into the future yet, otherwise it would give the boy one more reason to mock him. "Listen. I said I was sorry, okay? It takes two for people to bump into each other, which means you weren't looking where you were going either. So, now we're even. How about we just forget this all happened and start over?" Maniko suggested, holding his hand out. The brunette glared down at the hand as if it were infected by the plague.

"Pft, as if. I'm not befriending any potential competition. I came here to become a Chunin, not to pal around with... Amateurs." He retorted, walking away. Not before shoulder barging the male as he walked past. One of the outsiders with blonde hair gave Maniko a sympathetic smile, before following after his teammate. The other just rolled their eyes and followed along. 'Y'know what, fine. I don't care.' Maniko thought, continuing his stroll.

'I really do wonder if Sakura will take the exams..' Maniko thought, twisting his key into the keyhole until he heard a click. 'She didn't seem as enthusiastic as Naruto.. Not even Sasuke. Which is- rare. Considering it's... Sasuke.' The Genin opened his door, taking a few steps into his apartment before yawn-stretching, but jolted straight back up after hearing the sudden noise of his door closing behind him.