七 | ...𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐀𝐘?!

C H A P T E R S E V E N

"You're awake!" Maniko cheered, peering over the mattress Kakashi was laid on

"I think I overdid it with my Sharingan.." Kakashi groaned.

"Yeah, no kidding! You had me really worried, Sensei.." Maniko frowned, crossing his arms.

"You were.. worried?" Kakashi repeated, rubbing his temples to ease the pain.

Maniko frantically nodded in response. "Of course I was! You're my sensei and I care about you!" The boy added in a 'stating the obvious' tone.

"Oh, right. There's also something really important I have to tell you.." Maniko started. "I-" He was cut off when a young female entered the room.

Kakashi deadpanned, desperate to know what his student was going to say.

"Waking up, huh? Are you alright?" She asked.

"I've been better.. It'll be a week before I can move normally.." Kakashi stated, struggling but managing to sit up straight.

"Kakashi Sensei, you should lie back down." Maniko spoke, in a worried tone.

"Right." Kakashi agreed, laying back onto the mattress immediately. "Maniko, what were you trying to sa-"

"Look! Kakashi Sensei is awake." Naruto smiled, causing an irk mark to appear on Kakashi's head.

"Listen, Sensei. Your Sharingan is amazing and everything, but if it puts that much strain on you, maybe it's not worth it!" Sakura scolded.

"Sorry.." The Kakashi sighed.

"Hm, well you did take down one of the most powerful ninja assassins.. So, we'll be safe for a while." Tazuna added.

"Right, but.. You know that boy with the mask?" The silver haired male spoke up.

"What about him?" Sakura asked.

"Those masks are only worn by the most elite Shinobi.." Kakashi announced.

"What exactly do they do?"

"They destroy all traces of a Rouge ninja's corpse. The Shinobi's body contains many secrets, being the secrets of his village. If his enemies find them, his people will be in grave danger." Kakashi explained.

'If Zabuza is finished, why do I feel this way..? Somethings wrong..' The copy ninja thought, pressing two fingers against his temple. 'It's like I missed something..'

"Hey! Are you okay?" Naruto smiled.

"Yeah.. Do you guys remember what that tracker ninja did with Zabuza's body?" Kakashi asked.

"Well, yeah! He sort of just.. picked it up and disappeared?" Maniko explained.

"Exactly. But, why? He should have worked on Zabuza right there. As quickly as possible. Think of the weapons he used for the takedown.. Do you remember what they were?"