十二 | 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋

C H A P T E R T W E L V E

Maniko hummed softly, his hands resting in his pockets as he walked the paths of Konoha

he walked the paths of Konoha. The sky withheld a beautiful bright blue as the sun spread its warmth, yet there was a slight breeze from the soft winds that followed. "It sure does feel good to be back here.." The boy smiled to himself, eyes closed only to come pelleting to the floor as something collided with him. Or... Someone.

"Ouch.. What in the-" Maniko paused mid sentence as he opened his eyes to see what exactly he could've bumped into, to send him straight to the floor. His eyes widened slightly. His golden eyes met with a pair of almost pearly white eyes, if it wasn't for the slight tint of lavender. Her eyes held warmth yet shyness and a bit of embarrassment, considering she was also on the floor. And, her usually pale cheeks now a rosy shade of red.

The girl looked similar if not the same age as Maniko. Her hair was nearing a black, but if Maniko knew better, he'd call it a shade of dark blue. Maniko had the strongest suspicion that she had just finished buying some food, considering it was now scattered out of the brown paper bag she was once holding just a few seconds ago.

"Oh! You're Hinata from my class, right? Agh, I'm sorry! I made you drop your shopping. Here, I'll help you sort it out." He assured, sitting up on his knees as he collected the packaged food and covered beverages. (Lucky for him.) Maniko was more focused on successfully bagging up her food again, that he failed to notice Hinata, who's face was as red as a tomato. "T-thank.. y-y-you.." She squeaked quietly, though Maniko somehow managed to hear it.

"You're welcome! Oooh, Cinnamon rolls! You've got good taste!" He grinned, placing the packet of cinnamon rolls back in the bag. After managing to place all items in their designated bags, Maniko stood up and held out his hand for Hinata to grab. Hinata could've sworn she died right then and there. He looked like an angel with his hand reaching towards her, that everlasting grin always plastered on his face as the sunlight brightened his golden eyes more than they already were, and illuminated each freckle on his face.
He was an angel.

Without hesitation, Hinata took his hand in hers, allowing him to lift her back on her own two feet. 'Warm..' She thought, which left Maniko dumbfounded. What was warm, the weather? It was pretty sunny today.. Which led him to an idea. "Hey, it is pretty warm out today. What do you say I buy you an ice cream, to make it up for the mess I've caused?" He smiled brightly. And at this moment, Hinata had to stop herself from getting a nose bleed.

"I-I-I.. u-uhm.. I-I w-would lo-ove t-" She stuttered profusely, unable to finish her sentence as another slightly deeper voice, cut her off. "Nah, she can't. We've got training to do for the chunin exams, right Hinata?" A male with brown hair claimed. Another male with glasses stood next to him, silently.

"Chunin exams..? What the heck is tha-" Maniko cut himself off, stars appearing in his eyes as he gazed at one of the male's heads. A white puppy laid comfortably in this brunettes hair. "Wait- A puppy! Can I pet him, does he bite?!" He urged. The brunette with red paint on his face smirked pridefully, and just as he was about to answer...