Outcast's welcome

A dark, cloudy day at the Blackheart mansion...

While the four Blackheart siblings were at school & Lydia out on errands, Lucille Sr was sitting in the living room, watching the daily planet news, most of it was the events of battles between the Superhero girls (Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Bumblebee, Green Lantern "Jessica" & Zatanna) and the Supervillain girls (Catwoman, Giganta, Harley Quinn, Livewire, Star Sapphire and Poison Ivy).

Lucille Sr: Hmmmm... Such potential at a young age though a shame the ones at a young age on the other side use their potential for crime & chaos...

Then the news showed 10 bodies covered by white sheets with some blood stains being carted away in ambulances. The news reporter was talking about how 10 civilians were found dead with severe bite wounds on their necks last night, resulting in them bleeding to death.

Who or what caused it was unknown.

Lucille Sr: .....

Fright: It does look severe but those bite marks are definitely of your kind.

Lucille Sr: Yes... Seems that the undead have found their way to Metropolis.

Fright: You think these vampires have something to do with the person responsible for your husband's death...?

Lucille Sr: It might be. The merc sent to kill us was a hired merc turned... He was empowered and caught us in an attack, Corey gave his life to protect us... & I killed the merc but he was hired by an individual who wanted my entire family & myself dead... Whoever he or she is currently hiding somewhere in Metropolis, planning on turn everyone at a time and to finish what they started with my husband to end it with us.

Fright: Hmph. If this mysterious killer thinks an army of the undead will be enough to stop us, they're in for a rude awakening...

Lucille Sr: We won't underestimate them but it's their funeral if they underestimate us. My children mean everything to me, I won't lose them like my husband. Whoever they think they are, their actions won't go unpunished... I will avenge my husband's death & the culprit will know a Queen's wrath.

Fright: I agree, They slayed our King so now the Queen shall have their blood... It's not a matter of if, it's when.

They both heard ringing sound, Lucille Sr turned to the right to see her phone ringing. She stretched her right arm over to grab her phone, looking at an unknown number as it ringed loudly, the Blackheart Matriarch decided to answer the call, placing it over her ear.

Lucille Sr: Hello. You've reached the Blackheart residence.

Then a woman's voice can be heard followed by sniffling & light sobs.

???: H-Hello? Lucille is t-that you?

Lucille Sr: I am Lucille Blackheart, yes. Who am I speaking to?

???: Oh t-thank goodness. I know it's been a while since w-we've seen each other but I need your H-Help.

Lucille Sr: Again, who am I speaking to right now?

???: F-Francine Langstrom.

Lucille Sr: .... What's happened? Where are you?

Francine: (lightly sobbing) A-A lot has happened, I don't know where I am, a forest landscape in a cabin and I-I'm being hunted.

Lucille Sr heard the tone in the woman's voice. It sounded of fear and emotional distress.

Francine: I-I don't have much time...! I traced your phone & send a map of my location, please I beg you! Help me I-I AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Francine's screams were heard suddenly replaced by screeches as the phone went silent.