Love Hurts Badly in the Web

During the last hour of School, Nick Blackheart was in a partnership project for science class, the teacher assigned the class to work on a presentation board. As everyone got their own partners, he unfortunately got a partner in Carol Ferris. The pink clad cheerleader was outraged that she wanted to be Hal Jordan's partner but he was partnered with a blonde haired girl, who he was flirting with much to her anger.

School was over as everyone with partners had to finish their presentation boards at their homes or other areas of their choosing. Nick was walking out of the building with supplies while listening to Carol rant on & on about "thieving huzzy" this and "Hal is mine" that, he heard from Jessica about the on/off relationship between Hal & Carol, times Hal broke up with Carol over a text, scared to stand up to her or flirt with other girls when they were going out before as well as Carol being too clingy and creepy in trying to get Hal to be with her no matter what.

The intellectual blackheart kept walking on the path to his home while Carol was trying to get his attention.

Carol: Helloooooooooo, are you listening to me?

Nick: (mumbles) Against my better judgement... What is it?

Carol: I only agree with this project to get a passing grade & after that, I don't have to be near you. Got it, tech creep?

Nick was silent with a sharp, stern glare.

Nick: Trust me when I say, I feel the same way about you... Your constant babbling about Hal Jordan isn't helping me either so let's get to my home & just begin this project. And no, I'm not doing all the work while you "supervise" like most ignorant people do.

Carol let out an angry gasp as Nick walks away with the violet lantern reluctantly following him. Soon they got to the Blackheart mansion, Carol was shocked by the size of it inside and out, Lucille Sr & her Haunting Corps was out on business as Lydia was tending to the mansion. Nick brought Carol to his room, it was rather large and well neat, a wide bed, a set of tables of scientific items & equipment, different types of chemicals, a nearby desk near his bed with a laptop, etc.

Carol: (in her mind) At least he's not a slob but half of his room looks like a mad scientist convention.

Nick: Let's begin with our topic to choose.

Nick and Carol split the project in two, using their science books and phones or in Nick's case, laptop to find the answers needed but no copying the exact facts, gotta sum them up in their own words. After a few errors and fixing them, they were half way done until Carol let out a tired groan.

Carol: I'm bored here, can we take a break?

Nick: You can but I'm not stopping.

Carol rolls her eyes & gets up to stretch a bit. She then sees cages with bats sleeping upside down, rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters enjoying their food & water.

Carol: (sparkly eyes at the rabbits, guinea pigs & hamsters) Awwwwww, they look so cute~!

Nick: (writing) Don't release them from their cages.

Carol turns to Nick with a disgusted stare.

Carol: Why do you have these adorable animals in cages for like this for your crazy experiments? I know you're a tech geek but heartless to these cuties, disgusting!

Nick: I'm not experimenting on them, I'm studying them. I may be into science but I have standards.

Carol turns back to the adorable animals, oogling them all cute like & even taking selfies of them & herself. Nick rolls his eyes and continued his work while saving some for Carol to do once her break is over. While admiring the pets, another cage caught Carol's eyes, a very long cage covered in a white cloth with an a strange red glow under it. The violet lantern looks at Nick who was on his laptop and curiosity struck her on what was under that cloth within this glass cage.