A Spark Between Us

2 days later, In the underground lair...

Carol: WOOHOOOO!! Oh I can get use to this!

Carol was web slinging all over the upper caves of the lair, doing impressive flips and leaps. Ever since her evolution into a Daywalker vampire/spider meta cross species, the violet lantern is getting used to her new abilities in her training with the Blackhearts, especially with her new boyfriend Nick. She felt stronger, faster and more agile plus her Star Sapphire powers in the mix, she felt like she can do anything.

Carol felt the tingling sensation in her head or what nick told her it was called a spider sense, she would dodge & avoid lasers from the flying orb drones.

Carol: Try this on for size!

Carol swings up in the air, firing a string of glowing violet webs to the two nearest drones, ensnaring them as Carol spins around and with the trapped orb drones, sends them back to the other approaching drones, colliding & exploding. Carol allow herself to fall backwards down and into the arms of Nick (bridal style), who was working on a project but he managed to catch her.

Nick: Excellent job Carol.

Carol: (giggles) Why thank you (wraps her arms around Nick's neck lovingly) and excellent job on catching me, my prince~.

Nick: (chuckles) No problem. You making a lot of progress, keep up the amazing work.

Carol: Oh I will. (Kisses Nick on the cheek)

The two heard roars and turn to see Giganta fighting Harleen in her Havoc Harley form in a rough bout, the Werebeast Symbiote clown and the gigantic vampiric warrior trading fierce blows with each other before backing off.

Giganta: Heh, not bad Harls. Getting the hang of the Werebeast Symbiote within you? You look more like a human like wild version of yourself than the first Werehyena take you had.

Havoc Harley: Heh, Havoc & I are closer than two peas in a pot now! I see ya ditched the jungle girl getup and went full vampire gladiator mode, hehehehehe!

Giganta: I changed in more ways than just my appearance (cracks her knuckles, grins) Wanna find out more?

Havoc Harley: (grins wider) Oh yes, so much more! Ya know what time it is...~?

She forms her claws into large, tendril like mallets.

Havoc Harley: Hammer Time!!

Giganta: Bring it on!!

The two lunged at each other, resparking the brawl. Meditating on top a pillar, was Francine Langstrom, in her vampire form but now wearing a battle attire consisting of a white & purple hooded cloak, a black & purple trim bodysuit, purple studded utility belt, purple armbands and boots. Her eyes were closed as her sharp ears twitched hearing the flapping sounds of wings which started to grow... Her darker violet eyes opening which glowed. The swarm of bats flew out of the shadows towards the vampiric scientist, swirling around her like a vortex. Francine remained where she was, lotus position and all with a calm demeanor before letting out an ear piercing screech which rattled the bats as they scattered back into the shadows.

Casey was back upstairs after finishing her training while Ember was at the mall. Lucille Sr and Lydia were watching the session unfold.

Lydia: They certainly are making progress, Mistress Lucille.

Lucille Sr: Oh yes, from Casey to Ember to Francine to Doris to Harleen and now Carol. Their skills, their powers & resolve... their potential keeps rising.

Lydia: And Ms. Ferris's relationship with Master Nick?

Lucille Sr: I'm quite okay with it, I'm glad my son found someone he could be happy with. I'd love to see that bond grow stronger.