• 1 •

Havoc.

Chaos.

That's all Daphne can remember from all that time ago.

I shouldn't have left.

But I was scared.

Scared to lose everyone else.
.
.
.
.
.
"Daphne?"

A girl with dark pink hair rose up from her bed and looked towards the doorway. There stood another girl, a little younger than her. "Collei? What's the matter?", she asked. The other girl, Collei, shifted in her spot. "Oh! I— uhh... Master Tighnari wants to speak with you", she fiddled with her fingers.

He wants to speak with me? I wonder why...

The girl, now known as Daphne, stood up completely and smoothed out her clothes. Walking over to Collei, she gently gave her shoulders a squeeze. "Thanks Collei", Daphne gives her a smile, to which she returns.

As she is walking, Daphne start to contemplate what Tighnari wants to talks to her about. It could be anything, really. Although she has a feeling it's more important than keeping watch of people adventuring out in the forest, or organizing.

"Ah, hello Daphne. I've been meaning to talk with you", he smiles at the younger girl. She sits in the seat opposite of his, and waits for his initiative. After a while, the man clears his throat and turns to face her fully.

"Well, to be straightforward", he begins. "I think it's best that you return to Mondstadt". Hearing that statement, Daphne almost chokes on her own saliva. Back to Mondstadt? Is he serious?

No, he is dead serious. "You're serious?", She asks. Tighnari just nods his head, "I think that you've had time to process everything and heal to an extent. The rest of the healing must come from your own desire to rebuild the relationships you once had", he explains.

It's been so long since then, since she saw them. She doesn't know how they're going to take her return. Daphne feels a hand on her shoulder, "It's going to be ok Daph, don't you worry"

"But— I promised Collei", she starts, but Tighnari puts a finger to her lips. "Collei is getting better treatment now, no need to worry about her", he reassures the girl with a loving smile.

_____________________________________

"Ah— stupid branch!", Daphne grunts as she's making her way out of Sumeru. She said her goodbyes to everyone, and told Collei she should write a letter to Amber, and that she'll deliver it to her. The two are practically inseparable.

But anyway, Daphne has to head back home. Tighnari told her that Cyno would meet her at the Chasm, and then escort her the rest of the way to Mondstadt. For Daphne's safety, he insisted.

As she is walking through the lush, green forest, she runs into a few hilichurls. Daphne gets her catalyst ready and fights off the monsters using her Dendro vision. After she's done with them, she only gets a few scratches.

They're mainly from bushes, so I should be ok.

To be honest, she was afraid. What if they push her away? They already sort of hate each other she guesses. One did try to kill the other so, Daphne can only hope everything is ok now. When she mentioned that she knew them to the traveler, she asked how they were doing. Aether told her that the tension isn't too bad, however that still worried her.

Next thing she knows, Daphne can see Cyno up ahead. This is going to be a long journey back. It's alright, she has time to shake off the nerves right?
_____________________________________
A/N: sorry chapter one is a bit short— I just sorta ran out of ideas since I want Cyno to appear in chapter two. I promise it won't be as slow later on :,)