• 2 •

"What's the matter? You seem a bit nervous", the General Mahamatra speaks.

Daphne fiddles with her clothing as she tries to find the words to explain. "Well, I just— it's just that I haven't been back home ever since...you know", the girl wavers. Cyno sighs beside her. "If you're worried about your brothers, then I can assure you that they will be happy to see you", he reassures, "They're fools if not"

Daphne looks up ahead, seeing the beauty of Liyue. As the two continue walking, a high pitch voice can be heard from behind them.

"Daphne! Cyno! Wait up!"

They turn around to see Paimon and Aether headed their way. What were they doing here? "Hello Traveler, Paimon", Daphne waves. "What brings you here?"

Aether smiles, "We were just finishing some commissions, what about you?", he gestures to Cyno and Daphne. "Yeah, Paimon never expected for Cyno to ever leave Sumeru", said the floating girl. "I'm here to escort Daphne to Mondstadt", Cyno replied in a monotone voice.

"Oh? How come?", Paimon asked, looking to the pink haired girl for an answer. She rubs the back of her neck, laughing slightly. "It's a long story", Daphne says. "Ah I see, do you mind if we join you two?", the blonde boy asks. "I don't see why not", The girl shrugs, "Cyno?"

The general nods in approval. The four of them continue the journey to Mondstadt, the city of freedom. "So Daphne", Paimon begins. "Why are you traveling to Mondstadt?". Aether nudges her gently, "Paimon don't pry", he gently scolds.

Daphne just brushes it off, "It's ok Aether, I'm happy to share with you guys why I'm going". "It'll help you get to know me more", She sends a warm smile. "Are you sure you're comfortable telling them?", Cyno sends her a concerned look. All she does is nod in response, "They're my friends now, they have to know someway or another"

_____________________________________
"Wait— so you're telling Paimon that you're Diluc and Kaeya's sister?! And after a terrible incident, you ran away to Sumeru, lived with Collei and Tighnari, and they had no idea?!??", Paimon rambled.

The pink haired girl chuckles slightly, "Yeah, that's my story". Aether looks at her hesitantly. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened?", he asks. Daphne looks away for a brief moment before sighing. Might as well tell them.

"So, prior to meeting us— Diluc, Kaeya, and I were quite close", she starts. Aether looks a bit surprised, yet he urges his friend to go on. "After our father died, my brothers fought with each other"

"And that's how they received visions, yes?", Cyno asks. To be frank, she forgot he was there, but nods in response. "By what you've told me, they've had tension ever since?", Daphne asks and Aether nods. "Yes, they have. So I'm guessing that you're going back home to see them", he adds.

Daphne takes a deep breath. "Yeah, I am. But if I'm being honest", she crossed her arms. "I'm quite nervous", she also admits. I mean what else can you expect? The poor girl hasn't seen her brothers in so many years. Don't get her wrong, Daphne does miss them dearly— but she didn't even say goodbye. For all they know, Daphne could be dead.

Paimon seemed to notice the girl's distress, because then she gave her a hug so suddenly. "Oh don't be sad Daphne! Paimon doesn't like to see you sad!", she exclaims. Daphne glances at the other two and they all laugh it off— well, minus Cyno. He kind of just smiled.

"In all seriousness though", the blonde boy besides Daphne says. "I know it may seem scary to meet with your siblings again, but in the end you'll be very happy to see them", he says with a hint of sadness.

Poor Aether, he's been looking for his twin sister for a while now. He told me he found her, but she left again before he could really say anything. I can't imagine what he has endured on his journey through Teyvat.

But he is right, in the end the joy will overcome the fear— at least that's what she can hope for. They continue on our journey to Mondstadt, running into few enemies on the way there. But that's ok, since three of them are capable of using elemental power. Before they know it, they've arrived at Wangshu Inn.

"It's getting late, I suggest we stay at this inn for the night", the General Mahamatra states. "Oh! The Traveler and Paimon know a really strong adeptus who comes here often!", Paimon says with enthusiasm. Aether nods his head, "Maybe we'll visit him real quick. You guys go on ahead", he waves goodbye.

"Alright! Looks like it's just me and you bud!", Daphne say with a big smile, putting her hands on her hips. Cyno however, looks unamused. "Don't call me bud, Daphne", the man deadpans. Wow, way to ruin the mood.

"Yeah, whatever", she rolls her eyes. She heard him sigh, "Let's just get a room, shall we?". Daphne can't help but stifle a laugh as she follows him to the front desk. Cyno may seem intimidating but he means well.

"Hello! Welcome to Wangshu Inn, how may I help you?" The lady asks. "We would like two rooms please", Cyno replies. The nice lady nods her head before opening a drawer behind her, pulling out two room keys. "Here you go, the rooms are right next to each other upstairs", she smiles.

"Thank you!", Daphne says as the two walk upstairs to the rooms. As soon as they get there, Cyno hands Daphne one of the keys. "We will split the rooms to give you and Paimon some privacy", he tells her. "I will go inform the Traveler and Paimon about the room situation. In the meantime you settle down". Daphne nods her head as he walks off, unlocking the door to her temporary room.

_____________________________________
After settling down the girl decides to get ready for bed. As soon as she's finished, Daphne flops down on her bed— opposite of Paimon's side of the room that will be a bit too big for the small floating girl. Daphne feels the drowsiness get to her as she can feel her eyes struggle to stay open.

Just a few more hours of walking tomorrow, and then...

She'll be home...