• 21 •

The trio made their way to Sumeru City, having to deal with Paimon's yapping all the way there. Once the city came into their line of vision, they all felt their stomachs rumble. Sharing a glance with one another, they came with that conclusion that they stop and take a bite first.

Luckily, Collei had packed them pita pockets before they departed from Gandharva Ville. Sitting on a bench, they started munching on their food. Paimon place her small hand on her tummy, "Paimon's so full. Collei is a great cook though!"

Daphne couldn't help but giggle at the small girl's comment. "You're not wrong Paimon. Collei does indeed make good pita pockets", she agreed. "True. Hey, now that we have full stomachs, we should go find Dehya", Aether mentioned.

"Dehya?", Daphne raised a brow. "Yeah, she was the tall one with dark hair. She was a Pyro vision user", Paimon reminded the girl. After a few moments, Daphne mouthed an "oh". She remembers Dehya now, they've met but they didn't interact much.

"Yes, she's escorting us to the desert. There we will meet up with the Fatui agent", Aether informed his friend. "Also, I'm really glad you came Daph", the blonde traveler smiled, "To be honest, I'm sort of tired of doing everything by myself— with the exception of Paimon that is"

"Oh, but Paimon can't really fight. You really over exert yourself sometimes, Traveler", Paimon frowns slightly. (No Paimon hate here). She of all people knew how hard the Traveler worked.

Aether felt himself being pulled into a hug. He hesitantly wraps his arms around Daphne's waist, heaving out a sigh. In truth, he was very grateful for a friend like Daphne.

She was kind and empathetic, but not to the point of being naive. In fact, he thought she was very smart, and he admired her for her personality. Aether didn't think he could ever be as near as kind and gentle as Daphne.

They stayed there for a few moments before Paimon awkwardly cleared her throat. "Come on, Paimon hates getting all sappy and mushy", she crossed her arms. Aether laughs as he pulls away from the hug, "Sorry Paimon, it's not my fault you don't like physically affection", he teased his companion. She only puffed out her cheeks, "Paimon only accepts hugs from you because— well because you're you!"

Daphne giggled before spotting a familiar Pyro vision user. "Hey! Isn't that Dehya?", she pointed out. The two travel companions looked to where their friend was pointing, it had in fact been Dehya who was walking in their direction.

"Dehya!", Paimon beamed. The mercenary smiled as she approached the trio. "Hello, long time no see", she greeted, "I'm assuming you guys are ready?"

Aether nodded. "Thanks again Dehya", he said. "It's no problem, Fatui are real business", she brushed off. Dehya then turned to Daphne, "I believe we've met before. Daphne wasn't it?", the Pyro user put a hand on her hip. Daphne smiled, "Correct, nice to meet you again"

"Same goes to you, I look forward to getting to know you better as we head to the desert", Dehya nodded. "Alright, then let's go!", the small child cheered.
.
.
.
.
_____________________________________
As they made their way to the desert, Dehya and Daphne got to know each other better, while Aether and Paimon trailed behind them.

"So how did you get your vision?", Dehya asked, pointing to the green orb hanging off the girl's hip. Daphne frowned slightly, looking down at the accessory that gave her the power of the Dendro Archon. "I— erm. I'd rather not talk about it if that's ok with you", she gave Dehya an apologetic smile.

Don't get her wrong, Daphne is very grateful she even received a vision. It was just difficult for her to discuss how she received it.

Dehya nodded her head, respecting the girl and her unknown reasons to why she wouldn't want to share the story behind her vision. "Sorry, I didn't know it was a sensitive topic", Dehya apologized. Daphne waved her hands in front of her. "Ah— no it's ok, really! You had no idea", she chuckled.