• 11 •

It was the next day, and fortunately for Daphne her fever broke overnight. So she was released from the infirmary the next day, and really she should still take things a bit easy but here she was; adventuring with Fischl and Bennett once again.

Even though they only met yesterday, the Dragonspine incident really caused the three to bond with each other. The two younger teens thought it'd be great to introduce their new friend to Razor, the boy who lives in Wolvendom amongst the wolves.

"Are you sure this is even a good idea? I mean sure Barbara healed your leg wound, but didn't she say to take things easy?", Bennett raised a brow. Daphne playfully rolled her eyes, "I used to live in Sumeru, remember? I've dealt with things worse than this"

"One still believes thou should go easy on herself", Fischl crossed her arms. "No need to worry Fischl, I'm like— ninety five percent back to normal?", Daphne giggled. Bennett scoffed, "You basically had to beg Master Diluc and Ms. Adelinde to go with us"

He wasn't wrong—

"Oh Adelinde, Diluc! Please allow me to go!"

"Daphne, you just recovered! Are you out of your head?! What if you get a fever due to the activity?"

"Adelinde, it's alright. She won't stop asking otherwise"

"Hehe! You know me too well brother"

"If you return even slightly worse than you left you're helping Adelinde out for a month"

"Deal!"

Daphne scratched her cheek and nervously laughed. "Yeah I guess so. Diluc sticks to his word, so I'd better be careful. Oh! Race you there!", the girl runs off ahead of her two friends. "Didn't she just say she'll have to be careful?", Bennett deadpanned. Fischl shrugs, "One believes she did, however one also refuses to lose to her subjects!", she exclaims as she too, runs ahead of Bennett.

"H-Hey! Wait for me!"
_____________________________________
The trio pants and huffs as they arrive at Wolvendom. "I definitely won", Daphne pointed to herself. Fischl gasps, "Thou has thy audacity to speak such blasphemy?! Ye prinzesin is thy true winner!"

"What! No way it was totally me! I may have tripped on a few rocks from time to time, but I still want to believe I won!", Bennett proclaimed. A voice from above cleared his throat. "Actually, forgive me Prinzesin, but I flew above all of you in a matter of minutes. I've been waiting for your arrival", Oz said, he was perched up on a branch above the three teens.

"Oz, my companion! Thou treacherous traitor!", Fischl accused. "As I stated before, forgive my ability to fly", Oz responded, unamused. "Aw man! There's no way we could've beaten the bird!", Bennett complained.

"Lupical?"

A new voice had joined the conversation. The trio turned to see Razor, making his way to the group. "Razor!", Bennett basically tackled the poor boy to the ground. Daphne winced seeing the two boys tumble to the ground. "Oh— that's gotta hurt", Daphne muttered, Fischl and Oz nodding in agreement.

"Ehe— sorry Razor", Bennett helps his friend off the ground. "Razor...forgives his friend. Razor believes this is normal greeting", the poor boy struggled to talk. He turned his attention to the new person in the group, "Razor spots, girl. New friend?"

Daphne holds her hand to to greet the boy. "Hello! I'm Daphne, you must be Razor?", she smiles. She's holding her hand out for a few awkward moments before Razor hesitantly grabs it with both of his. "Daph...ne?", he struggles to pronounce her name.

"Ah, if my name is too difficult to say, you can call me something else", the girl offers. Razor is quiet for a moment, which worries Daphne.

Did I say something wrong?