• 5 •

As the trio reached Angel's Share, many customers were either walking out or being dragged out— due to closing hours. However as the crowd died down, a bard with dark hair intertwined into two braids walked out, towards the trio.

"Ah! Traveler! Paimon! And random person I don't know! My what a surprise!", the bard beamed. Clearly he was drunk. "Guys? Do you know him?", Daphne asked the two. Paimon scoffed, "Look at the tone-deaf-bard! He's too drunk to even understand anything!", she yelled. Aether sighed, "Venti how much did you drink?"

The bard— Venti, began wavering from side to side. "N-Not too much!", he protested. "Captain Kaeya said I wouldn't be able to handle so much liquor, so I had to show him!"

Aether facepalmed, then turned to Daphne. "Are you able to go in by yourself? I may need to assist someone over here", he said as he eyed the bard. She thought for a minute before sighing.

"I would prefer if you'd stay— but if you must go then you should", the girl plastered a nervous smile on her face. However, this made Aether frown. "Paimon? You think you can handle the drunkard?", he asked his companion. "Wait you're gonna leave me with him?!", Paimon exclaimed. She then looked between Daphne and her traveling friend. "Oh— ok! But don't take too long", she said in defeat.
.
.
.
.
As the two headed back to Angel's Share, two voices could be heard. Sounds like the two people were bantering about something.

"Oh come on Master Diluc, can't I stay and chat with you for a while?", a sly voice had spoken. You could hear a scoff come from the other male. "For the last time. Go home Kaeya", the man, presumably Diluc, had countered.

Prior to walking in, Daphne had grabbed Aether's wrist before he stepped into the building. "Huh? What's wrong?", he asked in a hushed tone. Daphne could feel the nerves return. "I'm afraid...", she said softly. Her friend thought for a moment before coming up with a solution.

_____________________________________
"If I remember correctly, you still keep that vase don't you?", a blue haired Captain pondered. The redhead before him rolled his eyes. "The tavern is closed Kaeya. I said go home", Diluc said sternly.

"I was only asking a question", Kaeya had shrugged. He still had his wine glass in hand, swirling the contents gently. "Well your question is irrelevant to the situation. The tavern is closed, you have to leave", the tavern owner said in attempt to get the Cavalry Captain to leave.

"Master Diluc? Is everything alright?"

The two brothers face the door to see the well known traveler come inside. "Ah, traveler. I see you've returned to Mondstadt", the Cavalry Captain said with a smile. Diluc only sent a small smile to his friend, yet it immediately washed away.

"Could you escort this man out of my tavern?", the redhead asked with irritation in his voice. Aether mentally facepalmed. "A-Actually, I was wondering if the both of you could stay for a minute", Aether nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

Kaeya let out a small chuckle. "Won't you look at that. See Diluc? It was destiny for me to stay, otherwise the poor traveler would have to look all around Mondstadt for the both of us", the blue haired male teased. Diluc rolled his eyes in annoyance before turning his attention back to the blonde. Clearing his throat, Diluc asked, "So, what is the issue Traveler?"

"Ah— it's not much of an issue...", Aether pondered. This made both brothers slightly concerned. "Actually, I sort of met someone during my time in Sumeru", he started before getting cut off by Kaeya. "Oh? So our little traveler is fascinated by someone? Who's the lucky one?", the Captain teased.

"W-What?! No it's not like that!", Aether waved his hands frantically in front of him. "Let him finish Captain", Diluc scolded. Kaeya only hummed in response. "Anyways, I was told that she knows the two of you", the blonde continued. "So I brought her here, and she's honestly a bit nervous. She's outside as of right now", he points to the entrance of the building.

"And she wants to meet...the both of us?", Kaeya had a serious expression as he looked to his brother. Diluc shared the same look. "Yes, she does", Aether states.

"Well, let's just get this over and done with", Diluc sighs. Kaeya gets up from his seat and follows Aether outside. However there wasn't anyone there. "Huh? She was here before I went inside", the blonde traveler explained. Then voices could be heard from the tables beside Angel's Share.

"Tone-Deaf-Bard! No!", it was Paimon.

"Ah! W-Wait put me down!", a young girl's voice exclaimed.

"Uh oh— Venti what are you doing?!", Aether yelled as he ran in the direction of the commotion. Meanwhile, Diluc and Kaeya shared the same look.

"Diluc?...Was that?...", Kaeya was now in full serious mode. Diluc shook his head, "Don't get your hopes up", was all he said before the two followed the traveler.

However, when they arrived their suspicions had been confirmed. She was there, right in front of them. Diluc took a quick glance at his brother, who seemed to be in shock. Yet the name that came out of Aether's mouth sent him to a time he never thought he'd remember.

"Venti! Put Daphne down!"

"She said she's never flown before though!"

"I didn't expect a wind current to lift me up so suddenly!"

After the traveler finally got Venti to put the poor girl down, she looked to the side to see them. Daphne lightly gasped as she took in what was happening. "Aether, Paimon? Can you give us a minute?", she said softly, keeping her gaze on the two brothers. Aether nodded as he dragged Paimon and the drunkard away, wanting to give the siblings time to themselves.

......

"Daphne...is that really you?"