• 20 •

A/N: for less confusion, this is a flashback chapter
_____________________________________
Daphne was reading in her room when she heard footsteps coming up the stairs, not too long after she heard a knock at her door. She got up swiftly and opened the door to reveal her adoptive father, Crepus Ragnvindr.

"Good morning sweetheart", he greeted his daughter with a smile. Fourteen year old Daphne practically beamed at the sight of her father, he rarely had time to spend time with her. He was a busy man, but that didn't make Daphne love her father any less.

"Father! Do you have a free day today?", the young girl asked. Crepus chuckled at the girl's energy and nodded. "In fact, I do. I've already informed your brothers, but how would you like to join us today? Consider it family time", he invited. Stars shone in the girl's green eyes, her excitement levels increasing by the second.

"Yes! Yes! Of course!", despite being fourteen, she still had such a childlike nature to her personality. "Alright, meet down by the door in twenty", Crepus planted a kiss on his daughter's forehead before leaving the room to give Daphne some privacy.

Within those twenty minutes, Daphne changed out of her nightgown and into something more fitting for today's events.

(I'm telling ya Picrew is a lifesaver when it comes to visual learning 🤌)

Soon after, the girl ran downstairs, only to trip one her heel and fall forward. Lucky for her, Diluc had already been there to stop her fall. "Can you really be this clumsy?", he teased as he hoisted his little sister upright. Daphne glared at her eldest brother, crossing her arms.

She huffed as she fixed one of her pigtails that came undone. "Well maybe I just wanted you to catch me. Like the knight I read in my book", she made up an excuse. However, Diluc could see right through her, "You and your fantasies"

A few minutes later both Master Crepus and Kaeya came downstairs. "So? What are we doing today?", the younger brother asked his father. Crepus chuckled as he grabbed a basket and made his way out the manor, "You'll see"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After a while of walking, Daphne became tired. Her legs felt like jelly, as if she were collapse at any moment. She looked over to her side, Kaeya was not to far from her. The girl tapped his shoulder, earning a gun in response from the blue haired boy. "Kae, can I have a piggyback ride?", she pleaded.

"Why? Don't you have two legs?", he scoffed. The youngest sibling whined and complained how her legs were going numb. "Pretty please?", she decided to give her best puppy dog eyes. Kaeya still seemed unamused, however he obliged due to not wanting to deal with his younger sister's complaining.

Daphne squealed in victory as she hopped on her brother's back, earning a grunt from him in return. "Geez— what have you been eating?", Daphne smacked the back of his head offended. "Never mention weight to a lady", she scolded.

A few minutes later, the family arrived at Starsnatch Cliff. Crepus set the basket down on the grass, opening it to reveal smacks, drinks, and a blanket to sit on. "We're having a picnic?", the redhead brother asked his father. He nodded and set the blanket out on the field.

After eating and talking with each other, everyone was full and relaxed. The two brothers were busy sparing with random sticks as Crepus and Daphne  laid down on the grass, watching the clouds. Other than the sound of sticks hitting each other and occasional teasing from the boys, everything was peaceful.

"Hey dad! That cloud looks like a mushroom", Daphne pointed at a cloud that indeed looked like a mushroom. Her father smiled, "You're right it does. Oh look, that one is shaped like a teacup", he pointed another one to their right.

"Oh! That one looks like— uhh, I actually don't know", Daphne sighed. "Well, if you turn your head just a little bit, you may see a heart", the father told his daughter. So the girl tilted her head slightly, and once she did she could see the heart that her father mentioned. "Wow...", she breathed out.

"You see, daughter? Sometimes we may see things from a different perspective than others. We just need the right person to help us see both point of views", Crepus taught his daughter one of many life lessons.

"Now that you have your guard down Daph...", the father suddenly attacked his daughter with tickles, causing her to laugh uncontrollably.

"I can attack you with the tickles of a father!"

"Wait! Stop!", the young girl begged through her laughs.
_____________________________________

.............

It was raining, the sky was dark. What only seemed to be a few months ago would soon become a memory of her father.

Despite not being on the greatest of terms, both brothers attended the funeral, for the sake of their father and sister.

Daphne didn't understand it at the time, but if you ask her now she'd repeat what her father told her all those years ago.

"Sometimes we may see things from a different perspective than others. We just need the right person to help us see both point of views..."