• 25 •

Daphne and Oksana left for Devantaka Mountain, unbeknownst to them someone had been watching them— hearing their whole conversation.

It's no doubt that both Kaeya and Diluc had high levels of stealth. Kaeya being the Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius and Diluc being the mysterious Darknight Hero, it was quite common for them to be in situations where they had to keep a low profile.

Did they want to to intrude on Daphne's personal life? No. Did they want to restrict her from doing her own thing? No, she's almost an adult, they know very well she's capable of defending herself. Does that mean they're not concerned for her safety? Also no, they don't want to pry but they also want to be sure their sister will be ok.

However, Kaeya being Kaeya he was to focused on poking fun at his brother— almost getting caught in the process.

"You're lucky they didn't see us. If it weren't for me having to knock some sense into you, we surely would've been found out", Diluc muttered. Kaeya sheepishly grinned, "Oh Diluc, don't be like that. I was just having my fun"

"We aren't here to simply 'have fun' and you know this", the redhead scolds. Kaeya simply shrugs and heads out of their hiding spot. "So? Shall we go after our dear sister?", the captain asks. Diluc shakes his head.

"Despite how much I want to, I know that I should have faith in her"
_____________________________________
"Oksana...", Daphne panted. "Can we take a break?"

The older woman glanced at the young girl trailing behind her. "Don't you know the way?", she raised a brow, putting her hands on her hips. Daphne scoffed, "I said I know the way, not that it'd be an easy journey"

"Oh, my apologies then. I've dealt with worse", Oksana sat down on a falllen tree, Daphne doing the same. "So....", Daphne trailed off, causing the former Fatui to look her way. "Why did you want to bring me? Alone", Daphne wondered.

Oksana stiffened, she didn't know how to respond. "Listen, Daphne. I've had suspicions of you since we met, and I only want to confirm them", she said.

Suspicions? Of me?...

"What do you mean you have suspicions of me?", Daphne asked warily. The woman sighed, brushing it off. "Nothing you should worry about, you'll understand when we've arrived", Oksana said. "Ok then...", Daphne muttered as she followed the woman.

After a couple more hours of walking, the two stopped. Oksana pulled out a map from her bag, pointing to a spot circled in red, she smiled. "There, we should be really close by", she looked over at the younger girl, who glanced at the map in awe.

"Great!", she perked up. The young girl hurried over to where the circle was leading them to, pulling Oksana along. They stumbled upon a cave, however it looked out of place. There was vines all over it, and coincidentally there was a Dendro pillar right by it.

"Ah, you have a Dendro vision correct?", Oksana pointed to the green orb that hung off Daphne's hip. The pink haired teen looked at her power, then back at Oksana with a grin. "Yes! This should work. Just stand back, I wouldn't want to cause any mishaps", she warned.

Oksana complied and took a few steps back behind the girl. Using her elemental energy gifted by the gods, Daphne swiftly lit up the Dendro pillar. A rumbling came from the cave as the stones rolled away to reveal an entrance.

"This could very well be a Fatui base, let's enter with caution", Daphne suggested as they entered. It was dark and cold, Oksana grabbed a torch off the wall to guide them the rest of the way. "I'm very skeptical about this place", the older woman said.

Daphne couldn't help but agree, there was something off about this place and she couldn't shake off the feeling they were being watched. The pit in her stomach only grew as they explored more of the unknown place. Not to mention the fact the place looked creepy as well.

Soon enough, they entered a room that seemed to be abandoned.

Seemed.

"Are you sure we should stay? I have a bad feeling about this place, and it's not just because I'm anxious", Daphne admits as she's looking through scattered documents on a nearby desk. "It's not just you, this place does indeed have an ominous feeling to it, but something also tells me my answers lie here", Oksana said as she too, glanced over multiple documents.

Daphne sighed as she goes back to scanning different kinds of information. Something caught her attention midway.

These documents...they have so much information on different people. Why?

As Daphne thought more about it, she recognized names.

These people... all of them are either forest rangers or forest rangers in training. Why do the Fatui have records of multiple forest rangers and trainees?

Daphne felt her heart drop when she recognized two names all too well.

Tighnari...Collei?!...

Immediately, the girl frantically read the recorded information on the two people.

Have the Fatui been watching their every move? For how long?

"Are you kidding me?...", she muttered under her breath. Almost everything about them was recorded. Collei's Eleazar, Tighnari's profession as a Forest Watcher, even their affiliations with Mondstadt. As she kept turning more pages and reading more information, she came across another familiar name.

"Oksana?", Daphne gained the attention of the woman, who responded with a hum. "You might want to look at this", Daphne urged Oksana over. As the older woman read over all the information recorded about her, she cursed under her breath.

"Drats— looks like they have more information on me than I thought I did. Looks like their plan is to use my own daughter against me, which means only one thing...", she drew in a breath. Daphne looked over at her with concern, "What?"

Daphne was not prepared for Oksana's next words.
.
.
.
.
.
"The Fatui knows where my daughter is..."