• 16 •

It's been at least a few days since Daphne had received the letter from Aether, well she couldn't keep track anymore.

When the Traveler had said she was one of the best people to solved riddles, he wasn't wrong. Back when she would live in Sumeru, she would often teach Collei some riddles and poems at times. When there was a text Cyno couldn't quite decipher, he'd go to Daphne if Tighnari wasn't available.

Safe to say that it's no wonder the girl received a Dendro vision. She clearly caught The God of Wisdom's eye. However, this particular riddle was difficult for the girl to understand for whatever reason.

This week was her week to stay at the winery, so she had resided to her room so she could at least try to figure out the riddle's meaning. Yet, as she sat at her desk nothing came to mind.

Daphne groaned as she laid her head on her desk— well more like she hit her head out of frustration. Diluc had been walking by when he heard the loud bang, so out of curiosity he opened his sister's door to see what all the ruckus was.

"Daphne? You ok?", the man raised a brow when he saw Daphne slouched over her desk. Books were scattered everywhere, the trash bin was full of crumpled up papers.

Daphne turned to look at her brother. "Aha— yes I'm fine, did I startle you?", she sheepishly said. "No, I just heard something from your room that's all", Diluc said. He crossed his arms and observed the desk and his sister, who looked like she was going to pull her hair out. Sighing, he walked over to his sister's side.

"What's got you so worked up?", Diluc says as he looks over the books on the desk. Daphne sighs as she remembers what she was doing beforehand, "The Traveler sent me a letter the other day, and there's a riddle he needs help deciphering. He asked if me or Venti would be available to help, I'm also assuming it's important if the Fatui are involved"

Diluc perked up at the mention of the Snezhnayan organization. "The Fatui? What do they have to do with this?", he questioned. The girl picked up the letter and glanced over it swiftly.

"He met a Fatui agent back in Sumeru who works under a harbinger they call 'the Doctor'. She's looking for someone", Daphne shrugged. However, Diluc could feel a pit in his stomach, why did the Doctor sound so familiar? Of course he's a harbinger, but he can't help but feel a deeper sense of familiarity.

"That's interesting, and dangerous too. I hope Traveler knows what he's getting into", the man crossed him arms. Daphne nods, "Me too, the harbingers are not people to simply play around with. On that note, I might go to that drunkard for help then"

"Alright then, be careful. Adelinde's making dinner tonight so be sure to be back before seven. You of all people should know how she is", Diluc says as he walks out of the room.

After cleaning her space, Daphne runs towards the city. It's sort of a far walk, but she used to live in Sumeru for Archon's sake. Taking walks was a nightmare.

When she came into the city gates, Daphne immediately started to look for Venti. First, she went to check Angel's Share. Even if it was only ten in the morning, it'd be no surprise if he was there sipping on wine.

Upon entering the tavern, she couldn't spot the bard anywhere. Daphne however, was met with a certain blue haired knight. Smirking, she creeped her way over behind the man.

Luck was not on her side. "Hello sister", Kaeya said as he casually took a sip of his wine. Daphne's face fell immediately as she huffed in disappointment, taking a seat next to her brother at the bar. Kaeya laughed, "Did you really think you could scare me that easily?"

"Worth a shot", the girl rolled her eyes. Her mind drifted back to why she was here in the first place. "Oh! Kaeya, have you seen Venti around here?", she asks. The latter shook his head, "My drinking buddy wasn't able to join me today, what a shame. I'm sure he's performing in front of the Anemo Archon statue though. Has the bard caught a certain someone's eye?"

Of course he'd tease his sister, if there's an opportunity to do so he'd gladly take it. "And I'm that note I'm leaving", Daphne facepalmed. "Have fun drinking by yourself", the girl got off and left. "What? No thanks?", Kaeya turned to face his sister, who was heading towards the door.

"Nope. See ya!", Daphne stuck her tongue out at him and left. Kaeya fake pouts and turns his attention back to Charles, who was bartending at the moment.

"Women can be so mean sometimes can't they?", Kaeya huffs. Charles only sighs and nods, "I'm pretty sure it's a teenage girl thing, Sir"
_____________________________________
Daphne arrived at the Barbatos statue in front of the cathedral, she spotted Venti playing his lyre in front of the crowd. It was a fine melody, it could calm anyone down from their anxieties.

The girl patiently waited for the song to end, enjoying the tune that flowed throughout the town. There was something so angelic, so divine and heavenly about the way the bard played.

Alas, Venti finished his performance, some people even paying him Mora here and there. After the crowd died down and left, Daphne came over to the bars.

"Now that was a wonderful performance", she complimented. Venti turned to see his new found friend, "Why hello Daphne! Glad you like my performance!", he beamed. "Now what brings you here to me? Are you finally taking that offer?", he raises a brow.

Daphne shook her head in disappointment, how many times must she say that she's still underage to drink? Not that she minded breaking the rules somewhat, her brothers would probably kill her if they knew— well, Kaeya wouldn't care so much but Diluc? Let's just say it wouldn't end well.

"No can do Venti, sorry. However, I do need your assistance", Daphne said. "Oh? How may I help?", Venti puts his hands in his hips. Daphne took out the letter Aether sent from her small bag, handing it to Venti. He read it over as she explained the situation, from the very beginning.

"I see, this Fatui agent is looking for a person. More specifically a female or a young girl", the bard pondered. "Well that's pretty obvious, but what does 'child of snow' and 'elsewhere her heart will grow' even mean? If that's what it says", Daphne shrugged.

"Well, what are your guesses?", Venti gave the letter back to the girl. Daphne thought for a moment as she put the letter back in her bag. "Maybe this girl the woman is looking for is a Cryo vision user? Elsewhere her heart will grow could possibly mean she doesn't reside in Snezhnaya. But what bothers me is why would a Fatui agent want this girl?", the girl sighed.

"Beats me, but as you know the Fatui can be dangerous. I do hope Traveler is safe", Venti said. "Ehe, the Fatui are under the authority of the Tsaritsa, between you and me she clearly had some sort of motive regarding the gods. A harbinger called Signora was here in Mond not too long ago, I unfortunately had a run in with the woman", the bard explained.

"Huh? What would you have to do with the Fatui?", Daphne asked. "No offense, you're just a bard who likes to drink", she crossed her arms. Venti only giggled, "Thoughts can be quite deceiving can't they?"

What's that supposed to mean?

"Anyway, shall we discuss this topic in a more secluded place? Meet me at Windrise at four", Venti waved and left. Daphne stood there in her thoughts.

The more I get to know this bard, the more I get suspicious of him.