• 9 •

It wasn't.

As the group started headed for Dragonspine, the wind and the cold only got worse. Which brings us to the present, currently the three— plus Oz, had been taking shelter in a nearby cave trying to keep warm.

Together, they had built a fire— a small fire. It may be small, yet it was better than nothing. Daphne, Bennett, and Fischl huddled together around the fire, using their own body warmth to keep each other warm, with the exception of Oz. He was underneath Fischl's coat, plus he had feathers— so he was probably the warmest out of all of them.

"W-Well— while w-we're here why don't we get t-to know each other?", the Pyro user suggested.

"Y-Yeah good idea B-Bennett"
"One m-must agree"

"M-Me and F-Fischl already know each other pretty well, why don't you tell us about y-yourself Daphne?", he suggested. Daphne managed to laugh a little, "Ok, I'll start I guess"

"Doth thou have a Vision?", Fischl asks the older girl. "Yes, I do", Daphne moves to reveal her Dendro vision hanging off her hip. Both younger teens look at the vision in awe. "Wow! I've never met a Dendro vision user before!", Bennett exclaimed, Fischl nodding in agreement.

"One thinks thee vision is quite amazing", the girl compliments. Daphne could feel her face heat up in embarrassment, despite the cold. "Aw, thanks. You guys have great visions too", she says. "Oh! How old are you? You don't seem like an adult, but you don't look like our age either", Bennett observes.

"Ah— I'm seventeen. Not much older than you guys I assume?", Daphne raises a brow. Before the two others could answer, a sudden gust of wind blew into the cave. It was unusually strong too, and unfortunately it took out the fire.

"The fire went out", they all said in sync. "Surely the adventurers back at the campsite have figured we've been gone too long", Oz had said from underneath the coat. "One can only hope", Fischl said with worry.
_____________________________________
Meanwhile back at the campsite, some adventurers thankfully had noticed how long the three young adventurers had been gone. Sure, cleaning a statue takes a while, but it shouldn't have taken this long.

An adventurer hurriedly came back to the city, looking for the knights. Or at least someone who could help. A certain Captain had been seen talking with the Acting Grand Master just outside the headquarters.

"Acting Grand Master!", the adventurer caught the attention of the two people conversing. "Ah, hello fellow citizen of Mondstadt. You seem distressed", Jean turned her attention to the distressed adventurer. "Yes, I am. Back at the campsite near Dragonspine, three young adventurers took on a commission and they haven't returned", he frantically spoke.

"And who might these young ones be?", the Cavalry Captain asked, intrigued by the situation. "One of them was Bennett, I'm sure you've seen the boy around. And another one was his friend, I believe her name is Fischl? But I couldn't recognize the third", the adventurer explains.

"Everyone is worried greatly, the wind and temperature has worsened. If we had known we probably wouldn't have sent such young adventurers", he said with disappointment. Jean glanced at Kaeya for a quick moment, before placing a hand on the adventurer's shoulder. "Don't worry, we're going to find them.
_____________________________________
Back at Dragonspine, the three young adventurers still tried to light a fire again. However, it was to no avail. "I'm sorry guys, it's probably because of my bad luck...", Bennett blamed himself.

"Don't feel sorry Bennett, it's not your fault", Fischl, for once spoke normally. Daphne had fallen asleep not too long ago, so she stirred awake. "Ugh, how long was I asleep for?", she asked while rubbing her head. "Forty five minutes I'm guessing", the blonde boy shrugs. Daphne tried to get up to stretch, but her legs failed her and she started falling towards the icy ground. That wasn't until both Bennett and Fischl caught her.