• 13 •

It was the next morning, Daphne had woken up and got out of bed. When she came out of her room, she was surprised to hear a knock at the door. She was even more surprised to see Diluc at the door when she opened it.

"Oh, good you're here. I was beginning to think I had the wrong house", he said. "You didn't know where Kaeya lived?", Daphne raised an eyebrow. Diluc cleared his throat, "It's....complicated— I never cared to know where he currently resides. I was only looking for you"

A short, yet awkward silence filled between the two people. "Erm— you said you were looking for me right?", Daphne broke the awkward silence, and Diluc seemed to remember why he was at Kaeya's house in the first place.

"Ah, yes. I haven't had a chance to properly spend time with you since your return", he began. "I merely came by to see if you would want to spend the day with me. I understand if you're busy", Diluc said. For a moment, Daphne had to think if she had any plans for the day.

So far, nothing came up. "Nope, I should be free!", she exclaimed in excitement. "What do you want to do?", she asks. "Well, Adelinde suggested we both take turns engaging in each other's hobbies. I wouldn't mind going on a small adventure", he replied. Daphne's eyes lit up, "Really?"

Diluc slightly smiled, it was rare but he did it. "Yes, really. Now go get ready, I'll wait for you outside", he tells her. His sister grins and closes the door to get ready. The redhead leans against the wall as he waits.

"Why has it come to this?...", Diluc said to no one in particular. "If you hadn't died, would life be the way it is right now?", he sighed and looked up to the sky. "You told me I should protect them, and I couldn't fulfill your dying wish. How pathetic of me"

Diluc stood there in silence as the front door opened once again. "Alright, you ready?", Daphne asked, yet she frowned when she noticed how gloomy Diluc looked. Gloomier than usual that is.

"Hey, is something wrong? Diluc?", she asked with concern. Her brother shook it off and got off the wall. "It's nothing, we should get going", he walks ahead of the girl.
_____________________________________
Somewhere in Sumeru...

"Wow look at the view!", Paimon exclaims as she, Collei, and Aether sit at the edge of a mountain."Isn't beautiful?", Collei had said with a smile on her face. "Now that I'm completely cured from Eleazar, I feel like I can properly enjoy life"

"I'm glad you feel that way Collei, and I'm glad your Eleazar is gone", Aether smiled. Collei looked away for a moment, frowning. "I just wish Daphne could've been here. She's worked so hard to help me and my disease, she went as far as saying that she'll find a cure for it", Collei said. "I wish she could be here now, and see that I am doing better. Just so she wouldn't worry so much"

"Collei? What do you mean?", the floating girl questioned. Aether nodded as well, he became curious to what she had meant. "Well, for starters I met Daphne during my time in Mondstadt. Back then, I caused a lot of trouble for everyone. She and Amber were the only ones who truly believed in me", the young girl explained.

"Once we got back to Sumeru, I thought she'd leave me behind. But as you can see she stuck around for a while", she laughed a little. "If anything, Daphne is like a big sister to me. When I felt like I couldn't hold on much longer, she was the one who encouraged me to get back up. Without her or Amber, I probably wouldn't be who I am today", Collei finished.

"Daphne cares a lot about you too. All three of you in fact", Aether says. Collei looked confused for a moment, "Three? You mean me, Master Tighnari, and Cyno?"

"Yeah! Paimon remembers when Daphne told Cyno to take care of you guys when we first saw her at the Chasm!", Paimon beams. "It's true, it's almost as if she never wanted to leave you guys behind", Aether adds in.