Chapter 18

He hadn't realised how long he had left her on read till he went to type back a response to her. That was when he noticed it had been around five minutes so quickly pressing away at the keyboard he sent her a reply.

Hopefully, whatever had happened wasn't incredibly serious though he felt slightly worried about her message.

Taking a seat at his desk he picked up his business textbook trying to distract his mind till a reply came from Marinette.

~In Paris~

Marinette stared at Damian's response. He cared, he wanted to know what was wrong and was willing to listen. No one had wanted to listen to her in a while, but by telling him meant losing one of the few friends she had left in life.

Would it cause more problems for him? "Marinette everything will be okay" a little voice squeaked next to her.

She sighed she had to tell someone and he was in another continent what difference would it make by telling a single person who could do nothing to intervene, and school only had a few more weeks till summer break began and she was free.

Slowly she typed away a response. It was a start though if she was lucky their friendship would still be salvageable in the end. It took a while but she wrote it down leaving out anything to do with akuma's and her old crush. She didn't feel like explaining them right now.

As she pressed send she felt her shoulders feel slightly lighter as though a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, maybe she should have said something to someone or anyone who would willingly listen.

To a person who would not side with a teenager who could drop a couple famous names while she spewed a monstrosity of a lie, at this point they were no longer even slightly realistic yet they ate them up like the incompetent sheep they were.

~In Gotham~

Damian had been reading his textbook whilst taking notes as he went along for about thirty minutes he had felt worried what might have happened to get this reaction out of her, but when the ping of his phone came he felt his nerves come down.

Marinette
It started about a little while, a new girl showed up at school and she told a bunch of lies that were clearly made up if you did even the slightest bit of research but then she kept going and nobody thought to check what she was talking about and just believed her. I told her that I knew she was a liar, she threatened to turn all my friends against me. I thought she was kidding but she wasn't. When I tired they called me a liar because I was apparently  jealous of her.

Damian stared down at the long paragraph Marinette had sent him, reading through it he understood why she was nervous of sorts to tell him what was going on.