Chapter 21

"What's Jon like?" Marinette asked into the phone the tension that she had felt previously gone with the change in topic.

The kwami watched as her owner and newly appointed guardian spoke somewhat freely to a boy she had been started talking to a few weeks prior all because of an accidental message sent to the wrong number.

Though she couldn't help but feel like she was missing something, deciding to not speak upon these thoughts the god watched as they chatted away on Damian's cat and him being a black and white tuxedo cat that could be heard purring through the speaker.

"I've always wanted a pet" Marinette spoke as he phone pinged clicking onto the notification. It was from Damian a picture of a black cat with sections of white that included his: paws, nose and the end of his tail and had eyes that were either yellow or green or a mix of the two.

"Thats Alfred he's decided it's time for a nap" Damian spoke as Marinette awed at the picture, "he's so cute" she replied eyes not leaving the image.

"Why'd you name him Alfred?" Marinette spoke hearing something rustling through the phone speaker, "he's named after a family member as both are quite sophisticated and he was the one to give him to me." he answered.

"That's really sweet Damian" Marinette replied "why can't you have a pet?" Damian asked

"Oh that's because my parents own a boulangerie that and it's a no pet apartment complex so maybe someday" Marinette spoke a look of happiness emitted on her face.

In Gotham

"Hey Dami, B called we need-are you the phone?" Spoke a voice "yes Grayson, what does it look like. I'm sorry but I'm needed right now, shall we continue this at a later time?" He asked into the phone.

Eyes Focused on Dick who would not stop asking questions even when he attempted to get rid of him by pushing him out of the room which did not work so he did what he had to, Damian quickly ended the call agreeing talk again later.

Though the questions did not end "come on Damian just tell me who you were talking to please, I'm you big brother" Dick tried reasoning with the boy.

"Tt not happening Grayson. What did father want?" He asked placing his phone down on his desk only for dick to grab and be met with a locked Home Screen.

"Come ok Damian you never call anyone other than Bruce and that's when it's an emergency. Was it a girl?!" He asked, suddenly overtaken with a giddy look. 

"It is none of your concern, what did father want?" Damian started repeating the question.

In Paris

As the man continued to aka Damian's questions about who he was talking to "yep bye Damian"
Marinette replied, pressing the end call button.

"So" the little god began watching her wearer who smiled freely at her "so?" Marinette questioned Tikki.