The Morning After

*Continuing on minutes later, everyone is escorted back to their rooms. Rockhopper picks up her phone and calls Robin*

Rockhopper: C’mon, c’mon. Please be awake, please be awake.

*The phone rings for a little while longer, before it picks up*

Rockhopper: Robin?

*Robin sitting up in his bed, groggily*

Robin: Rocks? It’s 2am, this isn’t one of your weird penguin things is it? Cos, I don’t think I can…

Rockhopper: Not this time, we’ve all been woken up.

Robin: What’s going on?

Rockhopper: Someone has broken into the studio and robbed Queen Bee.

Robin: W-wait, seriously?! Is Queen Bee okay?

Rockhopper: She’s broken hearted, all of her crowns are missing.

Robin: Well, she has my condolences. What’s going on now?

Rockhopper: We’ve been sent to our rooms and we can’t leave until morning where there’s going to be an investigation. I’m a little worried.

Robin: What? Oh man… Ok seriously, what the bloody hell is going on over there?

Rockhopper: I know, it’s… it’s been awful here without you, Robin. First there was Alien and her weird romantic fantasy thing with you and now-

Robin: Wait, what was that?

Rockhopper: Oh, you didn’t know about that? Um…

Robin: Yeah, I’m gonna come back to that cos I don’t know how to respond to that.

Rockhopper: I don’t know what’s going to happen if the thief is one of us.

Robin: Listen um… I just hope you’re doing okay. Just think, we have less than a week until we get back home.

Rockhopper: I know. I just miss you, Robin.

Robin: I’ve missed you too.

*Robin rubs the back of his head*

Rockhopper: How’s the face, by the way?

Robin: Huh? What about it?

Rockhopper: We all heard that Badger slapped you.

Robin: O-oh… Um, listen I’d appreciate it if you didn’t talk about it with anyone, okay?

Rockhopper: But, nobody’s ever done that to anyone in the community.

Robin: Assaults just happen, but it’s not worth gossiping about.

Rockhopper: Why would you defend him after that?

*Robin sighs and lays himself down on his back, he fixes his collar as he holds up his phone over his face*

Robin: I don’t understand why this would be important to you. Besides, it’s not going to do anyone any good if we’re at each other’s throats. Look, Badger’s my boy. He would never intend to hurt me… I’m worried about him.

Rockhopper: I get it, but I’m worried about YOU. What if he hurts you again?

Robin: He won’t. Everything will be fine, I promise.

Rockhopper: It would be easier if you were home.

Robin: Well… You have no idea how much I wish I could just… Y’know, give you the biggest hug and just… Not let go.

Rockhopper: R-really?

Robin: I think I figured out what I’m gonna do the moment I get home.

Rockhopper: Aw, Robin. I’d like that.