06

Scott entered the parking garage with his groceries.

"Damn it," Scott muttered. He started running and said, "Oh, crap."

Scott ran over the cars, sounding the alarms. His phone started ringing. "No. No, stop."

Derek lunged at Scott and pinned him. "You're dead."

"What - what the hell was that?"

"Said I was gonna teach you. I didn't say when."

"You scared the crap out of me."

"Not yet."

"Okay, but I was fast, right?"

"Not fast enough."

"But - but the car alarm thing, that was smart, right?"

"Yeah. Till your phone rang."

"Yeah, but that was - I mean - would you just stop? Please? What happened the other night, Stiles' dad and Tabitha's mom getting hurt, that was my fault. I should have been there to do something. I need you to teach me how to control this."

"Look, I am what I am because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you."

"What do I have to do?"

"You have to get rid of distractions." He held up Scott's phone. "You see this? This is why I caught you. You want me to teach you? Get rid of her."

"What, just because of her family?" Derek threw his phone into a wall, shattering it. "Wait - wait - whoa - whoa!"

"You getting angry? That's your first lesson. You want to learn how to control this, how to shift, you do it through anger, by tapping into a primal animal rage, and you can't do that with her around."

"I can get angry."

"Not angry enough. This is the only way that I can teach you. Now, can you stay away from her? At least until after the full moon?"

"If that's what it takes."

"Do you want to leave? Do you want to protect your friends? Yes or no?"

"Yes. If you can teach me, I can stay away from her." He left.

---

Scott, who'd made his way to Allison's, was making out with her.

"Take it off," Allison instructed.

"You're okay with it?" Scott questioned.

"Are you okay with it?"

"You're asking me if I'm okay with taking off your clothes?"

"Stupid question."

"You first."

A knock sounded on her door and she said, "Just a second."

Allison pushed Scott into the closet as Kate called, "Allison."

"Uh, coming. Coming. Okay, uh." She opened the door. "Hey."

"What's up?"

"Uh, nothing. Just doing homework, sending some emails."

"Emailing the boyfriend?"

"No. I'm emailing PETA about how my wing nut father gunned down an innocent mountain lion in the school parking lot."

"And that wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you're grounded and can't see Scott?"

"I'm not gonna be one of those whining teenagers who looks at her father and says, "I hate you. I wish you were dead.""

"But-"