35

Stiles ran off in search of Derek and found him in the elevator.

He set Mateo down and raised his fist to punch Derek.

Suddenly, his wrist was grabbed.

"Where is she?" Derek asked.

"Jennifer?" Stiles questioned. "Gone with Scott's mom and Nora."

"She took them?" He picked up Mateo.

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming, and we gotta get you the hell out of here." The elevator doors closed. "Whoa."

"What about Cora?"

"I think Isaac took her."

Derek left with Mateo and Stiles hung around the hospital.

A familiar man in a suit walked up.

Stiles sighed. "Oh, just perfect."

"A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess," Agent McCall said. "What a shocker. Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

"If you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid."

"Where's your dad and why's no one been able to contact him?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen them in hours."

"Is he drinking again?"

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean, again? He never had to stop."

"But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?"

"All right, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay? We'll do the alphabet, start with "F." and end with "U.""

"How about you just tell me what the hell happened here?"

"I don't know what the hell happened here. I was stuck in the elevator the whole time."

"You're not the oneswho put the name on the doors, are you?"

"What name?"

The elevator doors closed, revealing the name ARGENT.

---

Stiles made his way to Argent's penthouse and Argent said, "The word is guardian, Allison. More than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately."

"But she took Scott's mother, Stiles' father and Nora. That's not a coincidence."

Stiles nodded. "Yeah, I'd also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large black letters on the elevator doors. That kind of felt like a warning to me. Maybe she's gunning for four this time."

"I think it might be Morrell. She knows a lot more than she lets on and might even be trying to help us."

"Well, she needs to move on that, all right? Seeing as how the lunar eclipse is less than two friggin' nights away."

"Stiles, don't give up hope."

"They could already be dead."

"I don't think so. There's about Jennifer's tactics. It's like she's still positioning, still moving pieces into place."

"And you're one of them," Allison said.

"Then let's not wait around to see the next move. Everything she's done has been on a telluric current, so Melissa, the Sheriff and Officer Hart have to be somewhere on one of those currents, right? Stiles, if we're gonna find them, we need your help."