07

"Lock it, lock it!" Scott cried, pulling Nora into the school.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles shot back.

"Grab something!"

"What?"

"Anything!" Stiles started going outside. "No. Run! Stiles! Stiles!"

Stiles ran back into the school with the bolt cutters and they closed the door and he used the bolt cutters to hold it.

Nora looked between the boys. That was incredibly reckless! What were you two thinking?!

Scott glanced back at the door. "That won't hold, will it?"

Stiles shook his head. "Probably not."

Scott shined his flashlight on something. "The desk."

The boys heard a loud growl and ran into an open classroom. They pushed a desk in front of the door, causing a loud screeching sound.

After a moment, Scott said, "Stop, stop. The door's not gonna keep it out."

"I know," Stiles replied before narrowing his eyes. "It's Nora's and your boss."

"What?"

"Deaton? The Alpha? Nora's and your boss."

"No."

"Yes, murdering, psycho werewolf."

"That can't be."

Stiles let out a scoff. "Oh, come on. He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek 20 feet through the air. That's not convenient timing?"

"It's not him."

Stiles looked at Nora sympathetically. "He killed Derek."

"No, Derek's not dead. He can't be dead."

Stiles looked between them. "Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead, and we're next."

"Stiles! Shut up!"

Scott took a moment to collect himself. "Okay. Just--what do we do?"

Stiles took a quick moment to think. "We get to my Jeep, we get out of here, we think of something for Nora, you seriously think about quitting your job, good?"

Scott attempted to open one of the windows and groaned in frustration.

"No, they don't open," Stiles said. "The school's climate-controlled."

"Then we break it," Scott reasoned.

"Which will make a lot of noise."

"Then, uh, then we run really fast." He peeked outside. "Stiles, what's wrong with the hood of your Jeep?"

"What do you mean? Nothing's wrong."

Nora lifted her head slightly to see out the window. Your hood is bent.

"What, like, dented?"

"No, it's bent," Scott said.

"What the hell-" Stiles was cut off as something flew through the window. "That's my battery!"

He moved to get up and Scott pushed him down. "Don't."

"We have to move. He could be right outside."

"He is right outside," Stiles shot back.

"Just let me take a look," Scott said quietly, peeking out the window.

"Nothing?"

"No."