14

Allison and Lydia walked into the school.

Allison turned to Lydia. "You really don't remember anything?"

Lydia shook her head. "They call it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying, "We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days." But, personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked, peering at the looming hallway.

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer."

"Maybe it's the nine pounds."

People looked at the two of them, specifically Lydia. "I'm sure you guys have better places to look! Buzz off!"

Later, on the lacrosse field, Coach was yelling for the boys to line up.

"Here we go," Scott said, ramming a player. "Let me help you up."

"McCall!" Coach yelled.

"Yeah."

"Usually the goalie stays somewhere within the vicinity of the actual goal."

"Yes, Coach."

"Let's try that again."

Scott bumped into another player and he yelled, "What the hell, man?"

"My bad, dude," Scott apologized.

"McCall!" Coach cried. "The position's goalkeeper. Not goal abandoner."

"Sorry, Coach."

"Let's go! Stilinski, what the hell is wrong with your friend?"

"Uh, he's failing classes," Stiles began. "He's a little socially awkward and if you look close enough, his jaw line's kind of uneven."

Coach nodded. "That's interesting. Let's fire it up."

Jackson told Coach that his shoulder was hurting and asked to sit out. He walked towards Isaac and the latter begged, "Don't tell them. Please don't tell them."

---

Derek made his way to the Animal Clinic and found Nora sitting, eating lunch.

Nora looked up. Can I help you?

I could use your help. I know it's your lunch break and you can say no.

Nora shrugged. It's an easy enough day. I've finished paperwork for the time being, so sure.

Really?

Yeah. It does get boring sitting around here not doing much.

I would imagine so.

Where are we headed?

The school.

Why there?

I need to pick someone up.

The two got into Derek's Camaro and he drove to the school.

Derek said, "Get in."

Scott frowned. "Are you serious? You did that. That's all your fault."

"I know that. Now get in the car and help me."

"No, I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer. Because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon gets up."

"Not when they do a real search of the house."

"What do you mean?"

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse. A lot worse."

---