As soon as the teens arrived at the clinic, Kira walked in, supporting Stiles and Lydia stumbled slightly, so Scott rushed to support her.

Lydia looked up at them. "Something's happening. I had this sudden rushing feeling, like we're running out of time."

Stiles said, "Yeah. Yeah, I kind of got that feeling, too. Where to?"

"The school," Scott answered.

Once again, they climbed into the Jeep and drove to the school. Stiles climbed out and stumbled to a railing and Lydia went to support him. Stiles turned slowly to face his friends and said, "Scott, hold on. I know what you're all thinking. If this works, it might kill me too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

Scott said, "The plan is to save you. That's the plan I'm going with."

They walked to the front door and Scott opened it.

Scott frowned, seeing snow. "Oh, this is definitely not part of the plan."

The teens stood near each other as they observed their surroundings. Suddenly, a bandaged soldier wearing an old bomber jacket.

They guarded each other. The Oni materialized before them.

The Nogitsune stepped closer to them. "Like I promised, Stiles, we're going to kill all of them. One by one."

Scott's voice took on an angry tone. "What the hell is this? Where are we?"

"Between life and death."

"Bardo," Lydia stated.

The Nogitsune as he continued. "But there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia. You're dying, Stiles. And now everyone you care about is dying, too."

Stiles frowned. "What? What do you mean?"

The Nogitsune smirked. "I've captured almost all the territories on the board, Stiles. The hospital. The sheriff's station. And now the Animal Clinic."

The Nogitsune paused a moment before saying, "Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?"

He shook his head. "No, and I don't want to."

The Nogitsune continued, ignoring Stiles' words. "When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but it's not the cut that kills him. The killing stroke is made by hs kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana. Scott... Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles. And you're going to let him. Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade, unless Scott kills you first."

"Why? Why are you doing this?"

"To win the game."

Kira raised her katana.

Scott turned to Kira. "How are we in this place?"

Kira frowned at him. "You're asking me? A month ago, I'd never even touched a sword."

Lydia said to herself, "This can't be real."

"Yeah, tell that to them," Stiles answered sarcastically.

The katana was knocked out of Kira's hand.

Stiles picked up Kira's katana and brought it to his abdomen. "Stiles, no!" Scott cried.

He looked between his friends and smiled. He looked around at the group and zeroed in on Scott. "What if it saves you? What if it saves all of you?"

"What if it's just another trick?" Lydia questioned.