12

The machine was pressed and Derek felt the electricity coursing through his veins. The only sound he could hear were his tormented screams.

The man asked, "Is it too much for you?"

Derek glared at him. "Not even close. Do your worst."

Nora appeared with Scott.

Derek frowned. 'That's your help? I thought I told you to get safe, Nora.'

Nora frowned. 'I'm safe, Mateo is safe, and Scott was already on his way. I just showed him where you were. You could be a little more grateful, Derek.'

'You're right. I'm sorry. Thank you.'

She nodded.

"Scott, help me with this."

"No," Scott said.

"What?"

"Not until you tell me how to stop Peter."

"You really wanna talk about this right now?"

"He's going after Allison and her family. He's going to kill them."

"So what?"

"So tell me how to stop him."

"You can't! All right? Now, I don't know when Kate's coming back. Just -- Just get me out of this right now! Get me out right now!"

"Promise you'll help me."

"You want me to risk my life for your little girlfriend? For your stupid little teenage crush that means absolutely nothing? You're not in love, Scott. You're 16-years-old. You're a child."

"Maybe you're right. But I know something you don't know. Peter said he didn't know was he was doing when he killed your sister, right? He lied. He was wrong." He showed a picture of the dead deer. "This is what brought your sister back to Beacon Hills, right?"

Derek's tone turned angry. "Where did you get that?"

"My boss told me three months ago someone came to the clinic asking for a copy of this picture. Do you wanna know who it was? Peter's nurse. They brought your sister here so that Peter could kill her and become the Alpha, and that's why you're going to help me. Just say you'll help me. Just say you'll help me, and I'll help you unlock your other-"

Derek broke the chain as he said, "I'll help you."

As they made their escape, Derek stopped. "Hey. Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. Something doesn't feel right."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

He shook his head. "I don't know. It's -- it's kind of like it's-"

"No, don't say "too easy". People say "too easy" and bad things happen. What, do you think finding you was easy? Even with Nora's help? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy."

"Fine. You're right."

"Thank you."

Derek heard a voice yell about a flash bolt and yelled, "Scott, your eyes!"

"Now," Kate instructed her partner.

Scott didn't cover his eyes in time and Nora and Derek dragged him to safety as the latter yelled, "Get up! Let's go!"

Derek pulled Nora behind a tree as he listened to the conversation unfold.

"Allison, I can explain," Scott said.

"Stop lying," Allison shot back. "For once, stop lying."

"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything. Because of everything that I said, everything that I did-"

"Was to protect me."

"Yes."

"I don't believe you."

"Thank God," Kate said. "Now, shoot him before I have to shoot myself. And find the girl."

Allison frowned. "You -- you said we were just gonna catch them."

"We did that. Now we're gonna kill them. See? Not that hard. Oh, no, I know that look. That's the "you're gonna have to do it yourself" look."

Nora looked around warily, not liking how close Kate was to her car. Derek, sensing her anxiety, took her hand. He'll be okay, Nora.

'Can you promise me that?'

'As much as I'd like to tell you yes, no, I can't. But I can do my best to reassure you.'

'I appreciate that, even if it doesn't do much good. I'm sorry.'

'It's all right.'

"Kate, Kate, what are you doing?" Allison asked as Kate held up a gun.

"I love those brown eyes," Kate replied, looking at Scott.

"Kate!" Chris yelled. "I know what you did. Put the gun down."

"I did what I was told to do."

"No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house, ones who were human. Look what you're doing now. You're holding a gun at a 16-year-old boy with no proof he spilled human blood. We go by the code -- Nous chasson ceux qui nous chassent."

"We hunt those who hunt us," Allison translated with a whisper.

"Put the gun down. Before I put you down. Allison, get back."

A growl caught our attention and Allison asked, "What is it?"

"It's the Alpha," Scott said.

"Come on! Come on!" Kate yelled.

"No!" Allison cried.

Peter grabbed Kate, holding her in a headlock. "She's beautiful, Kate. She looks like you. Probably not as damaged. So I'm going to give you a chance to save her. Apologize. Say that you're sorry for decimating my family, for leaving me burned and broken for six years. Say it, and I'll her live."

"I'm sorry," Kate said.

"I don't know about you, Allison, but that apology didn't sound very sincere."

"Run!" Scott yelled.

"Dad. Dad. Dad," Allison called, running over to him.

Stiles and Jackson appeared and threw a Molotov cocktail towards Peter, who caught it.

"Allison!" Scott yelled.

She fired a flaming arrow at the cocktail and Peter burst into flames.

"No!" Scott cried, turning to Allison. "Why did you do that?"

"Because I love you," she replied.

Derek stepped out from behind the tree, motioning for Nora to stay, and leaned down to his uncle's level.

Before Derek could do anything, Scott yelled, "Wait! You said the cure comes from the one who bit you. Derek. If you do this, I'm dead. Her father, her family, what am I supposed to do?"

Peter groaned. "You've -- already -- decided. I can smell it on you!"

"Wait! No, no! Don't!"

Derek ignored Scott and slashed Peter's throat.

Derek stood and his eyes glowed red. "I'm the Alpha now."

He turned to Nora who had wide eyes and walked towards her, but she held a hand out to him. 'Stay away, Derek.'

'Nora, you've seen this side of me.'

'Not this side. Not the violence you just showed. Stay back!'

Derek stopped and nodded. 'I'll be waiting if you choose to return.'

Nora didn't answer and turned to her car. She smiled at her son and calmed him a best she could before getting in the car and drove away.

As soon as the hunters disappeared, Derek made his way back to his house.

Jackson followed, saying, "Derek. Derek! I-I helped you. I helped save you. Okay, you got what you wanted. You got what you wanted. Now it's my turn to get what I want."

He bit Jackson.