9.

- Haniya -

It had been a few days until the little light situation,  after Malik had checked the storage room, he told me he'd be in his study. He didn't say anything but I could tell some thing was off the way he was acting cold and spending most his time in his study.

After Mehr had found about the recent events she tried spending most her time at home, even Umar and Zain, Malik's friend were home most the time, but the thing that disturbed me the most was tat everyone knew something and it was bothering them too.

After doing my morning routine, I headed downstairs to the kitchen, Dua had gone to college, so I decided to help bijaan out, "Haniya dear, you don't have to do anything, you should spend time with your husband", the husband who has been locked up in his office and telling me what is happening , "it's fine bijaan, I enjoy spending time with you more"

I smiled to her, "gosh, you are such a cutie, if I had the chance I would have married you to my son" she gave a laugh, that was a really random thing to say, but I didn't want to tense the moment so I instead asked her about her son, "I didn't know you have a son" her smile died down, wait a way to lighten the mood Haniya, "had dear, he died around a year ago, or a bit more"

Looking at the old woman made me feel sad, "may be have the highest position in heaven" she nodded and said ameen, before I could think before I speak, I asked her, "how did he die?". For a minute I feel like her face turn sour and full with anger and disgust, "it's a very long story, but he died saving someone worth less"

Before I could ask her something else, she told me it was almost time for Dua to come home and that she wanted to make her lunch, but I insisted on making Dua a dish she had requested from me instead. 

Mehr and Dua arrived home together, I told both girl to freshen up and head downstairs for lunch. I had made pasta in my style, and it was my favourite dish to make at home as well. I set the table and once the girls came and sat down we all eat together. 

After lunch Dua went to do some of her work while me and Mehr went to chill in the living room, "i guess bhai is working hard these days" "if you mean locking himself in his office" "api, you don't know he can be so much worse, he can work for a continuous 3 months without much rest" "was he always like this?"

I was genuinely confused about this, "to be honest api, he has changed a lot since our parents died, he used to love us a lot, but after that incident, he cut himself, started working constantly and distanced himself even from me, it sounds weird, but  I have a brother but at the same time he isn't my brother" she sighed looking down

"how did your parents die?" I was a bit hesitant to ask, "they died around a year ago, I don't know about the incident since I was coming home late after a study session, I remember the police had closed off our home, bhai was in shock and just didn't talk for a while, the investigators tried asking but he wouldn't say anything, what the police had concluded was a break in and the thieves ended up killing them, but the thing is, nothing valuable was taken, a few cheap vases and pieces stolen here and there but that's it, but I know one thing, bhai had changed completely, he stopped being his cheerful self, his happy and talkative one, I'm surprised he's changed this much since you came here, but again, he has locked himself up from everyone."

she took a deep breathe, then held my hand "Api please do me a favour, please talk to him, he'll listen to you" I just silently nodded, why would he listen to me, he would rather shove me in another corner and forget about me. 

By the time we were down talking about other things and telling each other stories, it was time for dinner so me and Mehr helped set the table, we had just sat down when Zain bhai and Umar came down stairs, "I can't believe the guy thought we would skip dinner after working for 12 hours straight" Zain bhai complained.

"agreed, but how is he doing it, he looks like he's going to pass out from all the work" Umar added, both of them sat at the table, "is bhai still working?" Mehr asked now, "he's been on his laptop for 24 hour straight or he's going through paperwork, that guy is going to get sick, someone needs to stop him" Zain bhai said huffing, as Zain bhai said that all of them looked at me, "me?" "you have the best opportunity api" "yea I agree with Mehr" 

After all of them agreed, I sighed and got up, I went to the kitchen to fill a plate of food and put it on the tray with a small bowl of salad and a glass of water, I was passing the dinning hall when Umar and Zain saluted me, gosh can they be anymore overreactive, I'd be surprised if he'd open the door for me.  

I made way upstairs and found myself outside the study, I knocked once, but when I didn't hear anything, I took my chance and opened the door, Malik was siting at his desk, massaging his temples ad his eyes were closed he still didn't realize I had came in. I did a quick fake cough that immediately caught his attention, "I brought this" I told him as I placed the tray in front of him, but he kept looking at me which only made me look any where but at him,

"please rest and eat on time, everyone is worried for you" I was about to leave, when I felt a tug on my wrist, and was pulled on to his lap, he moved my hair from one shoulder and then put his head on my shoulder, and snuggled into my neck, and I would be lying if I said it didn't cause butterflies in my stomach. "and what about you, are you worried?" "I don't know" I said truthfully, he just hummed against my neck at my response, but that just caused a tingle.

I was tried to get out of his hold but instead he wrapped his arms around my waist and made himself comfortable, "stop moving" he said in an demanding that made me shut up and sit there. I was looking at his hair, that looked so fluffy, I slowly brought my hand up and started touching his soft hair and massaging it, as I was doing that, it felt as if he was enjoying this.

I had was looking around his study, it had a brown and grey color scheme, it had his table near the window, there were 4 shelves from top to bottom full with books, I would ask him if I could borrow some of them soon, I was looking at this messy desk, with paper everywhere, files, his laptop, there were also two picture frames, one with what I can tell, young Malik and Mehr with their parents, another one was Malik, Zain bhai and Umar looking as expensive as ever in suits and looking dangerously powerful. I looked at the tray of food, I forgot to give him his food before.

--------------------------
Hi everyone, how are you all doing?

I was a bit busy with school projects these days

What do y'all think of Malik and Haniya?

Hope you enjoy this part though