Epilogue

* 5 years later *
- Haniya -
Coming downstairs, I looked around. It was quiet, too quiet, and normally this would be suspicious, she thought.

Now I regret taking my nap, but after being tired all day and busy with work, I needed that nap.

"Malik, where are you?" I shouted out. An idea popped into my head when I didn't an answer, I walked into the kitchen.

"I wonder where Kiran and Amir left their mama." I shouted. Suddenly, I heard some rustling.

Following the sounds, I opened the living room, she looked around, and heard sounds of hushing coming from behind one of the sofas.

I knew where they were hiding. Carefully climbing on the sofa and peekd over. Seeing my husband sitting with our four year Olds.

They were whispering each other. "So what is going on that I don't know about?" I spoke, surprising all of them.

"Nothing, love." Malik said as he stood up, holding both of them. I eyed him as he looked away.

I looked down at Amir, holding his little hand. "My baby, what is papa hiding?" I asked him. He looked at Malik and then looked back at me.

"Papa has a surprise." He said. I looked back at Malik, who was mad at his four year old.

"So?" I said, looking up at Malik. He looked away. "Aw, do you really have a surprise for me?" I asked, blinking my eyelashes at him.

He looked the other direction again. "Aw, look at looking around." He blushed, still looking away.

"Papa, can we please give Mama the surprise now?" Kinza asked, tugging her papa's shirt.

"Fine." He said, giving into his daughter's request. Putting the twins down, he held me, but the waist pulled me into him.

"Malik, what are you doing?" I asked. "Do you want your surprise." He asked. I quickly nodded. "Then close your eyes." I quickly closed my eyes, then I felt Malik tie something on my eyes.

"I'll keep my eyes closed. You don't need to tie anything." Malik didn't say anything but picked me up.

"Malik, what are you doing? What will the kids think." I said to Malik, as I held on to him. "They'll know their father loves their mother a lot." He said as he carried me.

After a few minutes, Malik up me down as I felt the ground. "Malik, where are we?" I asked. I knew we were still in the house, as we didn't go outside.

"Keep your eyes close until I tell you to open them." He said, I nodded again. I felt as he untied the blindfold. I kept my eyes shut. Waiting for him to tell me to open my eyes.

"You can open them now." He gently said. I opened my eyes, adjusting them to the light. I was standing in front of a canvas. A painting of our family.

"Malik." Was all I managed to say. I had been dying to know what he was working on every night.

"You don't like it?" He asked. I was in awe, the colors on the canvas, the emotions and expression pouring out the painting.

"No. It's just that it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." I said, still looking at the canvas.

He stayed quiet. "I was waiting for months now, wondering when you'd finally show it." I said, this time looking at him.

He smiled, looking back at me. "Malik, this is the most beautiful surprise ever." I said, smiling. I walked over to him, giving him a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"So?" He said. I hummed, "Do I get something in return?" He asked, smirking at me. I knew what he meant by that, but I was going to annoy him more.

"Oh yes, of course you do." I said, I quickly pecked his cheek and broke the hug. "That's it?" He asked, his smile dropped. "For now, I guess?" I shrugged my shoulders.

Before he could say anything, Kinza and Amir ran in again. Amir ran into my arms. "Mama, look. Papa painted me, and you and Kinza." He excitedly told me.

I nodded. Kinza was in her papa's arms. "And in the painting, I'm on Papa's shoulder." Kinza shouted. I nodded to what she also said.

- that night -

I was standing on the balcony, looking out when I felt someone stand behind me.

"Everything okay?" He asked, standing beside me. "Yea, I was lost in thoughts. Are the kids asleep?" I asked.

"Yea, they fell asleep a while ago." I nodded. "So what were my love's thoughts about?" Malik asked.

"Remember how you kidnapped me six years ago." I asked. "I think it was the best decision I ever made." He smiled, saying that.

I shook my head, looking at him. "I think so, too." I said, agreeing with him. "Because. Otherwise, we wouldn't be standing here together."

"It was our faith we ended up here together." He said, intertwining his fingers in mine. "Kismat aur hum." I said.

________________________________

The end of Kismar aur hum <3

What were thoughts of the story?