35.

- Haniya-

"What happened a few months ago." I asked. "She found a clue that it wasn't Malik bhai lacking. It was planned." He answered. "And how was that?" "I'm not sure, but she started going out. She told me she met with someone, but she didn't say anything. She came that day, telling me how she found out more about who's behind this." He said.

"Well, it's not helpful. She has met with someone. It's all we know." I huffed, sitting back in my chair. "Well, I know the day she got kidnapped -" He Bagan. When I cut him off, "kidnapped?" I asked. "Well, don't tell me you didn't believe me. She was most likely kidnapped that day. She had texted me to come over after I was done because she had something to tell me." He said.

"But I did some digging around that night, and I found some clues. I found a photo album." "Photo album? How does that help." "Stop cutting me, Haniya bhabi. And it does help. On the first photo, at the back, their was a piece of paper on it. It had told me to call her other number and I would be in touch with you." He explained.

"I must say Bijan was quite clever." I remarked. "She was. She was worried a while ago that the other gang would find out about her, so she had planned this out. I didn't know about it either." "Mahad, all I want know is to find who killed my husband and where Bijan is." I explained to him.

"You have my word, Bhabi. I will help you until the end." Just as he had said that, something caught my eye. I quickly got up, picking up my drink, too. Mahad bhai was surprised with my sudden movement and stood with me.

In the heat of the moment, I practically threw the drink on his shirt. Then, I quickly placed it on the table, picking up tissue papers. "I'm so sorry, sir. I should have been more careful." I repeated.

Mahad looked at me weirdly until I felt someone behind me. "Haniya?" I turned to see Ali standing behind me now. "Ali, what are you doing here?" I asked him. "I was in the area and decided to stop by. What are you doing here?" "I was out walking, and then stopped to get my favorite drink." Ali was listening to me and then looked back at Mahad bhai.

I turned to face him. "I'm so sorry again, sir. I'll gladly pay for it." He caught on to my act. "It's fine, sister, you have a good day." He nodded and left the cafe. Ali watched as Mahad turned and left the cafe before turning his attention on me.

"I'll drop you home." He ordered before leaving the cafe with me. We stood outside the cafe when I tried escaping him. "I came in my car. How will I get that home?" I asked, "then we'll go in your car." He said, walking towards my car. I huffed, cursing his existence.

Even though he had offered to drive my car, I didn't trust him and sat in the driver seat. "So have you made your mind, darling?" He asked. "About what?" I asked, pretending like I didn't know what he was talking about. "Don't pretend kitten, you know what I'm talking about. Our marriage."

"It's not like you're giving me much of a choice. If I don't marry you, you'll probably hurt my family." I said. "So kitten understands, good. So have you made up your mind."

"I'll marry you, but you need to give me at least six months. I can't enter another marriage while still being in love with my husband." I spoke. I saw his jaw tighten as I parked in front of my house. "I'm only going to say yes because I've already gone through a lot to get you." He whispered the last part.

I nodded and got out of the car, followed by him. My parents were surprised to see us together, but after we went inside, I went straight to my room and stayed there until he left.

It was almost ten in the night, I felt hungry, so I went down to the kitchen to have late dinner. I was finishing up when there was a light knock on the door. At first, I ignored it, but then it got louder. I knew my parents might have gone to sleep now.