3

I was now in the passenger seat of a car with Nico driving. It was a sports car and I had to hide my surprised face when I saw it. 

It truly was a gorgeous car. 

My 'adoptive' family did have money, just not this much. I mean, I got everything I asked for but I never asked for such extreme things since I knew they may not be able to get me it. 

I was looking out the window since I didn't know where else to look. The man beside me clearly not wanting to have a conversation with me. 

His phone rang making me snap my eyes to it. It was on the dashboard of the car, too far away from him clearly. 

"Can you-" He was cut off by me leaning forward and passing him the phone. 

He picked the phone up, placing it by his ear. He was again speaking in another Italian. 

I heard him say my name in the sentence making me look at him. He turned to look at me for a brief second and back to the road. 

He hummed and hung up on the phone placing it in between his legs now. 

"It was your brother." He said and I nodded. 

"How many siblings do I have?" I decided to ask him since he finally decided to speak. He looked at me slightly confused that no one had told me yet and turned back to look at the road. 

"5 brothers."

"All boys?" I sighed leaning my head back. 

"And a father." He said making me sigh. 

A home full of men. 

Men who are supposed to be my family but I have no clue who they are. I don't even know if they're nice. 

I guess I have no choice anyways, so no point being so negative.

The car started slowing down as me made our way towards a gate. The guard looked at Nico with a nod, he looked at me and immediately looked down and opened the gate. 

He looked afraid to even looked at me. Did I do something wrong already?

My thoughts were interrupted when my eyes met a huge fountain in the centre, with a huge mansion behind. 

It truly was a sight. 

He stopped his car near the door as he got out, giving the key to one of the guards for them to probably park properly. 

I was about to get my luggage out the back, when another guard did. I smiled at him and made my way towards the mansion, behind Nico. 

I already heard chatter from inside, making me even more nervous to go in. I made it to the door but Nico was standing in the doorway so I couldn't move past. 

He really was big-

"Where is she?" I heard someone said making Nico turn his head. He looked at me realising he was in the way.

He simply walked away, so I was now in the view of 2 guys. 

"Hi" A guy with light brown eyes said, waving at me. 

"Hey." I replied smiling at him. 

He seemed really chill and carefree. I could already tell he was the family clown. 

My eyes went to the guy beside the brown eyed guy. This one had green eyes. 

"I'm Romeo." The guy with the green eyes said. 

"I'm Marco." The brown eyed guy said and I nodded smiling back. 

"I'm May." 

"We know silly." Marco said to me as he linked arms with me. 

"I'm the youngest brother, also the best one." Marco said making Romeo shove him so he now stood beside me. 

"I'm the 2nd youngest, a year older than Marco." Romeo said and I nodded. 

"You're 17 right?" Marco asked me now standing on the other side of me. 

"Almost 18." 

"I'm 18." Marco said raising his hand. He really likes hand gestures.

"I'm 19." Romeo said and I nodded. 

I was being led somewhere when a man in a wheelchair came in front of us. 

"Father." Romeo nodded towards him. 

The man who I now know is my father tried getting out of the wheelchair, making Romeo rush towards him. 

"Help me up. I want to see my daughter up close. I want to hug her." He said with teary eyes. 

I walked towards him myself as I knelt down in front of him. 

I realised that both Romeo and Marco were shocked by my actions. I didn't think nothing of it though.

He lifted his shaky hand as he cupped my face. 

"My daughter." He whispered barely audibly. "Can-Can I hug you?" He asked slightly questioning himself if he should ask. 

I smiled at him as I got up wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "Of course you can."

I may not have accepted him as my father already but I couldn't help myself when I saw his tears. 

I'm a softie, I know.

I've been told I'm overly nice and need to stop caring about others feelings so much. I can already tell that my friends would have scolded me for already trusting him. 

I mean I don't know him but he looks harmless. 

Or maybe I do trust too easily? 

Maybe I should listen to the phrase 'don't judge a book by its cover', but I can't help myself. 

I pulled away and looked at him. He wiped a tear as he spoke. "Let the boys show you to your room." 

I nodded and looked and Romeo and Marco who seemed stunned for some reason. Is what I'm doing not normal?

They cleared their throats and we made our way upstairs. 

"The oldest 2, Giovanni and Antonio really put a bunch of effort into your room. We hope you like it." They said and I nodded. 

The door opened to reveal a large room. I stepped in to see the whole bedroom being a rose gold and white. As I walked further in I saw a bathroom and closet attached. 

But my eyes landed on the bed. It was the biggest I'd ever seen, with white and rose gold sheets. I love sleeping so I already know I'd be spending most my time in it.

There was an attached balcony so I pulled the curtains to see it clearly. I wasn't a fan of height but maybe I can overcome it and relax on the balcony. 

I was snapped out my thoughts by Marco's voice. "Do you like it?" 

"Obviously! It's so pretty." I answered truthfully.

Marco's smile seemed to increase at my words as he nodded. 

"Good, we'll let you freshen up. We'll get you for dinner later." Romeo said and I nodded. 

They both left the room, leaving the room door open. 

I walked towards the door shutting it as I walked into the closet to change. I wanted to wear something cosy. 

I decided to wear matching black joggers and a hoodie. 

I know it was plain but I've never really been confident with my body. I didn't like showing skin since I felt like I was slightly overweight. Even thought everyone tells me I'm average.

I lay in bed under my blanket remembering the words of my papa- adoptive father. The words that always caused me to tear up. Not due to him upsetting me, but because it reassured me. But now he wasn't here to reassure me. To tell me I was beautiful. Only his memories were left. 

He'd always say the same thing to me whenever I felt like I looked ugly. 

"You'll always look beautiful to those who truly love you. People call the prettiest of the prettiest ugly simply out of jealously or hatred. But trust me when I say this my princess, you truly are a beautiful girl. The most beautiful in my eyes."