I made it home as the boys wouldn't even let me walk without someone holding on to me.

I wanted to see Gio, he stormed out without word. Enzo said not to worry, he'll be fine. But I still couldn't help but be worried.

Turns out Gio and Nico's fight was all fake. Antonio sent everyone out and told me. He said it wasn't real but they were both planning something.

He wouldn't tell me anymore, saying he wasn't allowed.

I don't understand anything that is happening right now, I can't handle so much confusion at once.

Romeo and Marco helped me into my room, but they weren't serious at all like the others. They were still bickering.

At least someone in the home in still happy.

I sat on my bed and grabbed my phone dialling Gio's number, but it went straight to voicemail. I called numerous times but no reply.

I sighed and tossed my phone to the side.

I decided to freshen up. I got up and got out of the dress, putting the jewellery Gio gave me safely away.

I got into the shower cleaned everything off. I used all the nice smelling products hoping it would help my mood since it usually does, but it didn't this time.

Today's events just wouldn't leave my mind.

I got out and wrapped myself around a towel and went into the closet to get dressed. I put on matching beige hoodie and trousers, turned the lights off and lay in bed.

I twisted and turned by couldn't seem to fall asleep. I sighed getting up and opening the balcony door. I slowly stepped outside as I looked over the edge slowly.

I freaked out and rushed back inside, shutting the door.

Still afraid of heights-

I looked at the time and saw that it's 2 in the morning. I decided to go check if Gio is home yet.

I left my room, making sure to be quiet so no one hears me.

I stopped at the top of the stairs when I heard voices from dad's room. I walked towards his door as I heard him shouting.

"Get the fucking job done properly Michael. You've messed up enough. If he finds a loop hole in the contract, I will personally kill you and your family with my own hands." He hung up the phone.

I'd never heard him speak in such a tone before. He was always calm and nice, what happened to make him react like that?

I was about to knock when the front door of the home opened making me look.

It was Gio.

I rushed down the stairs looking at him. He was a mess. Hair messy, shirt unbuttoned, his suit jacket in his hand.

"Why are you awake?" He asked.

He wasn't drunk, nor did he seem to be on any drugs.

"I couldn't sleep." I replied as I walked towards him. I took the suit jacket from his hand which he reluctantly gave me.

"Where were you?" I asked him. "Nowhere interesting." He replied shaking his head as he walked past me.

I followed behind him. He entered his room and I followed him. I put his suit jacket in the laundry basket since it has dirt all over.

He entered his bathroom, most likely to freshen up. I decided to wait.

I didn't really know why. But I couldn't stop myself from worrying, and now that he was in front of me I didn't plan on leaving him. Not until I knew he was fine.

I sound so clingy-

I don't care.

He's upset, and he shouldn't be alone.

I don't like upset Gio. I want the smiling Gio I had in my flashback. Why can't he smile like that again? Why has he changed so much?

Even if he does smile now, it's not the same as when we were younger. Why? What happened to him? He seemed broken, and I can't help but think that I'm part of the reason.

My thoughts were interrupted by the bathroom door opening. He exited only wearing joggers. His chest was covered in scars, most covered by tattoos.

He realised I was still in the room and put a T-Shirt on. But when he turned around I saw even more scars on his back.

I rushed towards him, my eyes already filled with tears.

"Gio, what the hell?" I covered my mouth.

"Why are you in my room?" He asked.

"How did you get those scars?" I asked back as tears fell from my eyes.

"Boxing and stuff." He lied. He didn't look at me when he said it.

"You're lying."

"I'm not." He said this time looking at me, but his left eyebrow twitched slightly.

"You are Gio. Please, tell me what happened?"

"May, please leave my room." He asked.

"No."

"May I'm in no mood for stubborn behaviour, just leave." He said walking past me.

"Gio-" I was cut off my a knock on the door.

Dad.

"Is everything ok?" He asked.

"No." I said and Gio said a "Yes."

"What's troubling you May? Why are you crying?" Dad asked.

I wasn't sure if I should tell him. His tone on the phone seems completely different to before.But I'm helpless and I need to know how his scars happened.

"It's Gio." I said.

"What did he do?"

I looked over and Gio who turned to face me. He seemed completely unfazed that I'm about to tell Dad. So I decided to tell him.

"His scars." I whispered, but he heard.

"Scars?" Dad questioned and I nodded.

"Mainly on his back." I said.

"What about his scars May?" Dad asked making me look at him confused.

"What do you mean? His body is filled with scars that show abuse. I want to know who did it to him." I said slightly raising my voice.

"May calm down." Dad said.

"Calm down? Calm down? How should I stay calm when I can see that my brother has been physically abused by someone, no once but multiple times?" I asked again raising my voice.

"It wasn't abuse May! Don't make such a small thing a problem!" Dad said raising his voice.

"Small thing? How is it not abuse? Who did this to him, huh, do you know? Tell me, who-" I was cut off by dad.

"I did."