I exited the car with Marco and Romeo, but by the time I was in the hall Giovanni was beside me. I eyed him and he looked back at me with a questioned look. 

"Why are you making me a third wheel? Go stay beside your date." I said. 

"I don't trust you with anyone else." He replied. "You speak as if some killer is out to get me." I mumble. 

"May" He warned. 

"Gio." 

His lip tilted up in a smile which he tried to hide. "Stop being so feisty all the time. You always were sassy as a kid too."

I smiled at him as he tried to control his smile. 

His date cleared her throat as she linked arms with him giving me a forced smile, which I returned. 

I look around and found Romeo eating the snacks in the corner. I walked towards him, surprisingly Gio didn't stop me. He probably realised I was too stubborn like him. 

"Romeo calm down." I laughed grabbing a snack too, eating it. 

I was looking around when I realised Romeo was glaring at me. "What?" I asked. 

"You just ate-"

"So?" I said and my eyes widened. "I didn't throw up?"

"You didn't throw up?" Romeo questioned back.

He tackled me in a hug as we laughed. I felt all the brothers eyes on us, as well as some others. 

"That's good news." Romeo said smiling widely. 

"Yeah."

An announcement went off telling us all to take our seats at the table.

Romeo held my hand as he led me to the table where everyone was sitting. I sat down in between Marco and Gio. 

A man came on the stage and started speaking but I couldn't be bothered listening as I looked around the hall at people. 

I saw Nico sitting with another group of people. They all had similar features to him so I guessed they were his family. 

Why does he stay over at ours if he has a family? Who look filthy rich too.

The guy sitting beside Nico looked at me and gave me a big smile. I smiled back to be polite and looked away. I still felt his eyes on me though. When I look back I could see him ogling my body, despite the table covering me.

I felt slightly creeped out but ignored it and looked away. 

The man on stage stopped speaking and peoples started conversing again, getting up and speaking. 

Men in business attire and women dressed formally. 

"They all looked like they're only here to gain something, not for charity." I said. Gio turned to me. "That's because they are." He said. 

"What are they trying to gain?" I asked. 

"Business partnerships."

"Like?" I further questioned. 

"Don't worry your pretty little mind about it." He replied getting up when Nico and his family approached us. 

Gio stood in front of me, blocking my view. That annoyed me. I was tempted to slap his ass for standing in the way, but I didn't. 

They spoke until the old man looked around Gio. "Is that May?" He asked. Gio sighed moving out the way, and I could see the anger in him. 

But why?

Why was he angry that they saw me?

I got up and smiled at them. "Oh May, you've grown to be a fine young lady." The woman said. 

"I'm Angela, Nico's mother. This is my husband, Emilio. And our other son Dante." She said pointing at them all. 

Dante was the guy that was staring at me before. I mean he still is. 

I looked at Nico who grabbed another champagne glass from a passing waiter and chugged it. Even he seemed annoyed. 

I guess he doesn't like his family.

"Nice to meet you." I said to be polite and she smiled at me as all of them eyed me up and down, except for Nico who clearly didn't want to be here. 

They started speaking about something with Gio so I excused myself and left for the bathroom. 

I asked a waiter for the directions and entered the bathroom. 

I touched up my makeup, washing my hands when I heard someone say my name. I turned to see a beautiful girl around my age.

"Hey you're May, right?" She asked and I nodded. "Yes."

"I'm Alia Omar." She said reaching her hand out and I shook it. She was very pretty, her beautiful big eyes and prominent features. 

"Sorry, but do I know you?" I asked trying to sound as polite as possible. 

She laughed lightly. "Kind of, our families are friends. My brother and yours are literal besties." 

"Ohh."

"When do you plan or starting school?" She asked. 

"I'm not sure yet. Gio said I can start whenever I'm comfortable with my new life. So probably soon." I replied. 

"That's good. Not going to lie, I didn't expect Giovanni to be that nice." She laughed making me laugh too. "I guess he has a soft spot for his little sis. I mean he did when we were younger."

"Wait did we know each other when we were younger?" I asked suddenly curious. 

"Yes. Like I said our family are friends, very old friends in fact." She replied and I nodded. 

"Do you not remember anything?" She asked and I shook my head. "It's alright, who knows you might remember, I mean a lot did happen." She said making me confused again. 

"What happened?" I asked and she immediately shut up. 

"Ummm sorry, but I don't think it's right for me to tell you. You might want to ask your brothers." She replied and I nodded. 

She's right. 

We both made our way out together as we walked together to our table. I saw a guy similar looking to Alia. 

"Do you have a twin?" I asked and she nodded. 

"Yh Arslan. He's the one sitting beside Marco." She said as we walked towards them.

"Where'd you go?" Marco asked me.

"Bathroom." 

I sat beside Marco and Alia sat beside her brother Arslan. They both looked very similar. Arslan was also extremely good looking, a little bit too much. He looked over at me and smiled. 

"May." He said. "It's been long. You look beautiful"

He had a beautiful smiled, any girl would fall for him. Not only looks but he was also very kind.

I smiled back at him. "Thank you."

"Don't flirt with my sister Arslan, especially not in front of me." Marco groaned making me and Alia laugh lightly. 

"Awe you baby." I joked rubbing his hair which he shoved aside. Alia and Arslan laughed even harder. Alia had a really funny laugh, it made me laugh along with her. 

We all calmed down and I heard Gio's voice. I turned my head to him seeming very angry. I couldn't see at who. 

His eyes were bloodshot read as he started punching someone. People started crowding around so I immediately got up to see what was happening and who he was hitting.

It was Nico-