17

"May-" I cut Gio off. "Before you give me a long lecture, listen. I'm not making him a suspect. But he has all the information, and you and me both know he's hiding thing. So, all I'm saying is start from the information he has. The ones he's hiding."

He thought for a second and nodded.

"Small issue." I said. "I don't know how we'll get him to tell us."

"I know." Gio said with a smirk. "If you mess up, it's game over remember that though."

"Also, the things I do aren't exactly legal. Can you handle it?" He asked and I nodded.

"Words."

"I'm not a baby Gio, I can handle it."

"Are you taking the self defence lessons from Toni?" He asked and I nodded.

"Good, tell him you want to try boxing as well. Make up some excuse I don't know." He said and I hummed.

Excuses are easy with Toni. I'll just tell him I like the figure of female boxers. He already knows I like a slim waist.

"How will we get information out of dad though?" I questioned.

"Make him think you hate me." Is all Gio said to make me understand the plan.

We both smiled wickedly.

It may seems easy, but it won't be. Dad's clearly a cunning man, he knows how to play.

Now I need to see if I can play his game with him.

I was about to leave when Gio spoke.

"If you succeed, I'll get you concert tickets to BTS or whichever KPOP bands you want."

My eyes widened as I rushed towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck giving him a hug.

"And you have to come." I said.

"Don't make me cancel the deal." He threatened.

"Ok ok, gosh."

"Can Marco come at least? He's loves KPOP too." I asked and he sighed nodding.

I did a small happy dance as I ran out the room, into mine and jumped on Marco who was on my bed.

He was confused why I was so happy.

But I can't tell him yet.

I need to succeed first.

And I will.

~~~~

We were all sitting at the dining table eating quietly.

I was pretending to still be annoyed, and ignored Gio since Dad was here.

Gio looked at me and then back at his plate, I took this as a chance to argue.

"Stop looking at me all the time!" I yelled and he glared at me.

"May, don't raise your voice at me. You're testing my patience." He replied.

"What happened to your patience when the Romano's threatened to basically have me killed by the American Mafia, huh?" I said getting up making sure to slam the table.

"Fuck you and your patience." I said in his face.

I walked away but was dragged by Gio towards him. "Watch your mouth." He said gritting his teeth.

"Make me." I replied and he dragged me towards his office. The others tried getting up but he stopped them with one look.

I looked back at Dad to see that he quickly covered up a smile.

We entered the office, and Gio made sure to slam the door.

I covered my mouth to prevent a laugh and he smiled. "You're crazy May."

"I'm amazing." I said. "You should have seen there faces. Especially dad, he covered a smile. He believed it."

Gio sat down on his chair and I sat on the desk as we both laughed.

The office door opened and we both stopped laughing, as I crossed my arms.

I turned to see Nico.

He locked the door and walked towards us. "You guys are obvious."

I got up. "Huh?"

"I know you faked it all." He said and I looked at Gio confused.

"Come on-" I said gripping on to my hair and Gio leaned back in his chair.

"You know I genuinely thought I was good." I said and Gio laughed.

"You were, Mr Detective here is just better." Gio said making me scoff.

Better? Not a chance.

"So no one else caught on?" I asked.

"No." Nico answered with his hands in his pocket.

I shrugged. "That's fine then."

I looked over at Nico to see him wearing a black shirt with the first few buttons opened showing his chest. He had black trousers on which I knew looked amazing on his ass.

What?

He had a nice bum-

Not my fault I'm a sucker for guys with nice bums.

"Gio, you going to explain?" Nico asked and Gio sighed.

"May wants to hunt down our mothers killer." Gio said.

"That's ridiculous, we've already tried." Nico scoffed.

It would be a lie if I said I wasn't offended by his tone.

"It's not ridiculous. You guys just started with a bunch of mafia leader, not the people involved in the home." I scoffed back and Nico raised an eyebrow at me, whilst Gio tried to hide a smile at my behaviour.

What's with his raised eyebrow? Not used to a disobedient future wife? Or not used to any woman speaking in such a tone to him?

"So you're saying someone in this home killed your mom?" Nico asked.

"No, I'm saying Dad has information that none of us have. The gaps in you guy's investigation can only be filled by him. But we all know he isn't nice enough to tell us." I answered.

"And you're making him think that you hate each other so he opens up?" He asked and me and Gio both nodded.

"That won't be enough." Nico said making me confused.

Ok Mr smart ass? What's the plan?

Nico looked at Gio unsure if he should say it. "Go on Nico."

"You need to make him think you hate your mother." Nico said.

It felt like time stopped.

I can't do that.

I'm not good enough to do that.

I mean it isn't possible to hate a dead person.

"May, May." Gio called me and I looked at him.

"Gio, I can't."

"You can."

I paused thinking.

"The other boys will hate me." I said worried how they'll react when I talk rubbish about our dead mother.

"Don't say anything in front of them. Spend time with Dad alone. Make him believe that you hate mom and me." Gio said walking towards me cupping my cheek.

"You can do it." He said kissing my forehead.

I sighed looking at Nico who was already busy making a plan.

There's no turning back now.