6

We made it back home from the shopping trip and I was so tired. Giovanni literally took me in every expensive over priced shop he saw. 

The driver brought all the bag in that I didn't even have the energy to look at let alone think about putting them away.

I made my way to the living room, where the younger 3 were sitting. I collapsed on the sofa beside Vincenzo, stretching. 

Vincenzo glared at me. "Gosh, she really is a worse version than Marco." and I glared back at him to which he laughed at.

"I'm so tired, shopping with Giovanni is torture." I sighed.

"Everything about Giovanni is torture." Marco said and I didn't miss the glare Vincenzo sent him.

"Come on, he isn't that bad. Give the guy a break." I said making everyone in the room scoff. 

"Ok apart from the bossy side, scary looks, he's not too bad." I continued. 

"Stubborn, annoying, bossy, germaphobe, narcissist, and has every girl smitten over him and he knows it. Gosh I'm glad he keeps the fucking out of the home though." Marco listed as a I made a face of disgust. 

"I didn't need to know that." 

Marco tried getting a chip from Romeo's crisp packet but Romeo slapped his hand away and they started arguing. I smiled at them lightly. 

Maybe being here wasn't so bad. 

They're all nice and seem normal, other than the scary looks.

The boys arguments stopped when the older 2, and dad entered in his wheelchair. Antonio shoved my feet off the sofa making me have to sit up as he sat beside me.

"We have to go to a ball tomorrow." Giovanni said making Romeo and Marco groan as I made a confused face.

"What ball?" I asked. 

"You are not coming." Giovanni said until he was cut off by our father. "Yes she is."

"Your one to talk, you aren't coming either." Giovanni replied

I was slightly confused by the way Giovanni was speaking to his dad. 

(Italics means they're speaking in Italian, or another language)

"I obviously can't come, but May is coming." Dad said something in Italian which I didn't understand but I knew they were speaking about me.

"Why so you can attract more business deals using her?" Giovanni spoke visibly fuming.

Dad seemed to be silenced by what Giovanni said.

"Don't think I don't know what you did, papa. I'm stuck here trying to undo your mess." Giovanni spoke again.

"Giovanni what are you saying? What business deal?" Vincenzo asked confused making me look at him.

What are they talking about now? How did the conversation move from the ball to a business deal? Unless they're connected, but how are they both connected to me?

They are clearly hiding something from me, and I need to know.

I got up making everyone look at me as I made my way out the living room but was stopped by Giovanni. "Where are you going?" he asked.

"You guys don't even have decency to speak in a language I understand even though you are speaking about me. So why should I sit here?"

"May-" I cut Giovanni off. "No, I don't need your excuse. I'm clearly not wanted around you all, that's why you are letting everyone else go to the ball but not me."

I walked out as I heard Giovanni curse in Italian.

I didn't mean what I said. I knew there was most likely a reason why Giovanni didn't want me at the ball. But I wanted to know what they where hiding. 

And I could only find out by attending the ball.

I felt bad guilt tripping Giovanni, but I have no other choice. They shouldn't hide stuff from me if it concerns me.

I walked up the stairs as I saw Nico. He looked at me for a brief moment before looking away and walking past without a word. 

What's wrong with him now?

He never looks at me, always ignored me whenever we happen to be in the same space. 

Something is happening-

~~~

Next morning

I was woken up by Marco in my room, yet again.

The guy seems to have a thing for annoying me every morning. 

He jumped on me as a lay on my back. I groaned lightly due to the sudden weight on me.

"You elephant." I joked as he rolled off me laying beside me, wrapping an arm around my stomach like a baby.

"Sometimes I think I'm older than you. Especially with the way you cuddle." I joked again and he laughed lightly. 

"You aren't upset about yesterday are you?" He asked me and I shook my head making him look up at me.

"No I'm not."

"Good because you need to get ready for the ball." 

"Ball? I thought I wasn't going?" I asked. "Giovanni changed his mind. First time that happened to be honest. You really have special sister privileges, maybe I should change gender." He said making me laugh. 

Vincenzo entered my room eyeing us suddenly. "Why does he get the younger brother privileges? You never cuddle with me." 

Me and Marco started laughing hysterically due to the timing. Vincenzo eyed us even more suspiciously. 

We calmed down and looked at Vincenzo. I opened my arms for him. "Awe come here my baby Enzo." I joked and he made a face of disgust. 

"Take this dress and get ready. Don't be late, you too Marco." He said and Marco got up and left to get ready. 

I got up too and smiled at Vincenzo- Enzo. It's Enzo from now on. 

"What's going on in your head?" He asked me. "Nothing Enzo."

"Hey, who said we are on nickname basis yet? Address me formally, I am older than you." He said making me laugh. 

"Not happening Enzo." I said running into the bathroom.

I heard him laugh outside and the door shut.

Time to get ready for this ball.

Hopefully I won't regret this.