18

Weeks has gone by with me pretending to hate Gio and ranting to Dad about it. He opened up more than I thought

But barely-

I've considered giving up many times during this week but Gio has kept me going.

And Nico's glares.

He seems to be challenging me to see if I can finish the job.

Not helpful at all-

The guys said to only mention Gio for a while and after being mom in. Once I mention my hatred for mom he'll spill all the details since we are close now.

They told me to mention mom a week ago...but I didn't have the courage still.

Nowadays my routine is the same. Go to school, come back, argue with Gio, go to Dad about it, then hanging out with Toni in the gym. Sometimes I watch a movie with Marco and Romeo, which is fun when they don't argue.

School is going boring as usual. No more drama since I punched whatever her name was. Vernon's sis. It's very awkward when Vernon comes over considering I punched his sister. I tried convincing Romeo to go meet him outside and not at home but of course he doesn't listen to me.

Enzo is also forcing me to do extra revision since apparently I'm not focused on my school work enough.

That's exactly what I'm doing right now.

It's the weekend and I should be out doing girl stuff but Enzo has be doing more work and he watches my every damn move.

I feel like putting him in a headlock like Toni taught me. But I doubt it'll work since he is bigger than me.

"May focus." Enzo said making me glare at him. "Bro it's been a whole hour. Let me leave now."

"Yh an hour and you've barely done anything." He glared back.

He saw that I wasn't going to budge so he sighed. "May, what's your interest? Your favourite subject? You should know what you want at this age."

I thought for a while.

What are my interests?

School in Italy is slightly different to mine before. Since I'm 18 I go to upper secondary. Upper secondary kids are 14 to 19. But I also go to a private school, perks of having a rich family. So I do some extra subjects, like Italian since I obviously don't know any Italian.

But when I think of my future and what I want to do, I'm not that sure.

I'm so busy with my family politics that I'm forgetting that I have a life a head of me.

Politics. That links with Law and Business.

Why not use my at home experience for my future profession.

They sound interesting, but which one?

Why don't I just become a detective? I'm clearly amazing at it.

"May?"

I was snapped out of thoughts by Enzo.

"Maybe Law?" I asked. "Or business?"

Politics seems way to complicated.

"Both sound good." Enzo said smiling. "Gio can help you with that since he has a business. Go spend a day with him to see the lifestyle."

I nodded.

That would be a good idea. I'll ask.

"You can go now." Enzo said and I smiled not wasting a second before leaving.

I was running up the stairs when I almost bumped into Nico.

I looked up at him as he looked down at me.

Does he have to be so tall?

I still can't believe that I'm about to marry him.

Him-

The cold guy that pays no extra attention to me.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by his voice. "Did you start?"

I knew he was speaking about Dad. I've only mentioned how much I hate Gio and not my mom. I was kind of avoiding it.

"No-"

"Get it done. The quicker you do, the quicker this ends." He said walking away, not sparing me another glance.

The door opened to reveal Dad coming out in his wheelchair.

I gave him a forced smile as I walked up to him. "You okay Dad?" I asked and he seemed slightly surprised.

"Yes. Are you? You seemed troubled these days."

You have no clue-

"Yh, life isn't going that easy on me." I answered honestly.

"Want to speak about it?" He asked and I nodded as we both entered his room.

I sat down on his bed with him in front.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Everything. Gio, The Romano's...and mom."

"I understand your issues with Gio and the Romano's but why your mom?" He questioned and I sighed.

"At first, I thought she was probably so nice and innocent since she was murdered. But now I can't help but think she might not be the victim. What did she do so bad that made someone murder her? And make me witness it? Who's in the wrong? Who's in the right?"

Part of what I said was honest, but I still love my mom regardless of the truth. Because something in me tells me that she truly was the victim.

"You know she was murdered?" Dad questioned and I nodded.

"I got like a dream and Gio said it was true."

A tear fell down my face, dreading the words that will leave my mouth. "I can't help but hate her. I hate her for leaving me."

My head was in my hands as I wiped my tears.

Dad took my hand in his and lightly rubbed.

"May, there's a lot of things that you don't know. And it's best you don't find out." He said making me look up at him.

"Why?"

"Because you already hate your mother. If I tell you what I know, you'll hate her even more. And I don't want to see you go through so much." He answered.

"Dad, I want to know. I want to know everything."

"May-" He was cut off by me. "I want all the pain to finish today. I want to know all the truth so I cry for a while and get over it. Right know the pain is just dragging on and on. I want it all to end." I cried.

My words were honest. I wanted all this to end, this lengthy process was only tormenting me.

Dad looked at me for a while contemplating whether or not to tell me.

"May, all I can say is that your mother may have been murdered due to an affair." He said making me eyes widen.

"She cheated?" I asked.

"I-Yes." He replied.

"But why was I there? Out of all the kids, why me?" I questioned and he sighed looking down.

"You aren't my child."