28

We were in the hospital waiting room as I sobbed with my head in my hands.

The doctors haven't told us anything since we got here.

"Where's Gio?" Enzo asked no one in particular.

I looked up waiting for someone to answer but no one in.

I took my phone which was luckily in my back pocket as I called Gio.

There was no reply, it went straight to voicemail.

I decided to text him hoping he would at least look at that.

"Toni is in hospital"

That's all I texted. There was only 1 tick.

I couldn't help but be annoyed at Gio. I know I shouldn't since he's going through some tough stuff but he should still try to be there for us.

I'm the youngest one here yet I'm having to be the big girl and take care of everyone.

It's not easy. But right now is not the time to complain, we are all going through a tough time. I just hope Toni gets better and that Gio is fine.

I check to see that the text that the text now went through. There were 2 ticks.

I can only hope that he looks at his phone soon.

I leaned back in the chair as I looked around at everyone.

Nico was leaning on the wall beside me. I looked up at him and he nodded his head silently asking if I was fine. I nodded back looking away.

"Why the fuck won't the doctors tell us anything." Romeo cursed.

"Romeo watch your mouth." Enzo warned making Romeo scoff rudely.

Romeo was being rude since he was frustrated and worried, but it's still not fine to disrespect Enzo.

"Romeo behave. I know you're worried, we all are but please let's try to remain calm. We need to stick together right now." I said but he didn't look at me as he kept his eyes on the door where Toni was.

I looked at Marco who had his head in his hands. I held his shoulder bringing him close to me to try to comfort him. He instantly wrapped his arms around me waist, silently crying.

"Hey Marco don't cry, everything will be alright. Just wait and see. Okay?" I tried to reassure him and he nodded.

I looked down at my phone to see that Gio had read the text making me sigh.

A reply would have been nice. Now I don't even know if he's coming.

My thoughts were stopped by Gio rushing in.

His hair was all messed up and his suit jacket which he usually wore was not on him. His shirt was half tucked in and half was not.

I had never seen Gio looking this messy.

His bloodshot eyes met mine but I looked away.

It hurt me, yes. But I couldn't help myself.

I didn't only look away because I was upset about him not being here and replying so many hours late, but also because it pained me to see him in this state.

He was hurt, so badly and I want to comfort him but I can't.

"What happened?" Gio asked but I didn't look at him.

"He had some sort of panic attack. I'm not sure the doctors won't tell us much." Enzo replied.

"How did u find him?" Gio asked making me look at him confused. Gio was looking at Nico for answers.

"His knuckles were covered in his own blood from the punching bag. He started shaking a lot before he passed out. May was with him during it all." Nico replied making Gio look at me with a pained expression in his eyes.

I looked down at Marco who was still in my arms.

"It is really rare for someone to faint due to a panic attack. So I'm not sure if that's what happened." Nico stated making me look up at him.

"I meant what else can make his whole body shake like that? He had basically lost all his senses like he couldn't hear me and then eventually fainted." My voice came out more weaker than I had thought, it was probably from all the sobbing.

"I'm not sure." Nico replied.

Gio sighed as he walked away probably to ask someone about what's happening since we haven't had an update since we got here.

My eyes met Enzo and he gave me a sympathetic look.

He walked up to be kneeling down. "Thank you May. We really should be the one comforting you, not the other way around, but it's- it's just not what we are used to. I know you're annoyed at Gio too but please try understand him."

He knew I was tired and hurt and he felt bad that I was still taking care of everyone around me. Enzo always knows what's happening without me even saying anything.

I didn't want to be annoyed at Gio but my feelings are just hurt. But I don't think I should act like that towards him right now, it's selfish.

Gio came back, clearly he heard nothing new since he looked angry.

I nodded at Enzo. "Comforting you guys helps me. Stop worrying." I said holding his hand as he sighed.

That's when the doctor came towards us as we all instantly got up.

"How is he?"

___________
Sorry for the short chapter.

Do you think it's fair that May is upset with Gio?